Chapter 19

"That's so not fair! I totally won that time!" Paris yells and Blanket and I shake our heads. "Sorry, sis." Blanket says and holds out his hand. "You guys are cheaters!" she teases and the four of us laugh.

"There's no cheating in racing." Blanket says and Prince nods in agreement. Paris playfully rolls her eyes and slaps Blanket's hand four times before fist bumping him. She hates doing that handshake with him, but every time she loses a game to him, they have to do it in public. This time, she had to do it twice, because Blanket and I won the race together. 

"You guys hungry?" Prince asks and I shake my head. Paris tilts her head to either side and Blanket shrugs. "Where to, miss?" Prince looks at me and my heart beat picks up. "Um. . .I don't know." I say truthfully. I hate being the one to make decisions for everyone else.

"Don't worry about prices, Nat." He says and I nod and look at Blanket, who shrugs again. "I think Golden Corral sounds good." Paris saves me from embarrassment and I mentally thank her.

"Everyone agree?" Prince asks and Blanket and I look at each other simultaneously then turn back to our brother and nod. "Alright," he says while nodding. "Golden Corral it is."

When we walk into the restaurant, peoples eyes follow our every move. "Are those the Jackson kids?" a woman asks. "I think so." the man she's sitting with replies. Flashes come from the cell phones and cameras of people. My other three siblings work together to hide me from the people, but it doesn't work.

"Who's that girl that's with them?" another woman asks. "I don't know, never seen her before." the woman she's sitting with replies. Paris and Prince wave to the people as they snap more pictures. 

When we pay our way through the cashier's desk, a young waitress guides us to a room that is away from all the people. As we walk through the restaurant, people run to us trying to touch, catch a glimpse, or photograph us. Blanket puts his hand in front of a mans camera and shoves it away. He does that a couple more times until we're in the security of the "Party Room" toward the back of the restaurant.

"You can tell me what you would like, and I can get it for you. To save you the trouble." the kind young waitress obliges with a smile. "That would be really nice." Prince says kindly to the waitress, whose name tag says Katie, smiles and nods.

"Okay, what can I get you guys to drink?" she pulls a pen and notepad out of her apron and looks between the four of us. "Pepsi?" I ask and she nods and writes it down. "I know Blanket and I will have Mtn. Dew." Prince says and Blanket nods.

"And I'll have a Pepsi as well." Paris says and I smile at her. "Okay, I will be back shortly." she then and leaves. The four of us giggle as she tries to push her way through the many people trying to get inside. She somehow manages to close the door behind her, and I sigh and put my hand to my head. My three other siblings laugh and Prince and Paris pat my back.

"I seriously don't know how you guys do this." I say, looking at the many people yelling and knocking on the glass of the room we're in and they laugh. "Now you see why mom hid you away from us?" Blanket asks and I nod, sipping from my Pepsi. "Kinda."

"Trust me, if Grandma and Grandpa find out we were out without a body guard, we'll be dead before you get the chance to—" Prince's sentence is cut of by the sight and sound of shattering glass.

We look up and see that the people are pouring in. Screams and yells fill the entire restaurant causing chaos. "What the hell?" Prince yells and I lean in to him. The four of us stand up and try to find an exit, but the only way to do that is to push through the people, and that wouldn't be the best idea. We try to think of something to do as the crowd of people grow closer and closer to us. We can't get out the window, and there is no other door. 

When the people finally reach us, they are tugging at our clothes and touching our faces and taking photos. I scream and Prince yells, but they do not stop.

Within minutes, the police arrive and people are arrested two at a time. It takes a full half hour to clear the restaurant, and by that time I have had hair pulled from my head, a slap to the face, a kick to the shin and my ankle hurts. 

. .. .

One of the police officers sits at our table with us and we discuss what happened. "What were you guys doing out without body guards anyway?" he asks and I leave Prince to answer all the questions. He shrugs and begins speaking. Our waitress, Katie, brings me an ice pack and apologizes for what happened. I thank her and sit back in my chair.

"Your grandparents are on their way. Is there anyone else we should call?" the kind police officer asks and looks at me. "What about you? Where are your parents?" I look at Prince.

"I'm with them." I say and he shakes his head. "We need to notify your parents." he says and I shake my head. "Don't call my mom. Please! She'll never let me come back." I beg and the police officer kneels in front of me.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, but it's my job. I have to." I sigh and give my mother a call.

"We're dead." Blanket says, slumping back into his chair.