EMPLOYMENT ACT 1955
PART I - PRELIMINARY
* 1. Short title and application.
* 2. Interpretation.
* 2A. Minister may prohibit employment other than under contract of service.
* 2B. General power to exempt or exclude.
* 3. Appointment of officers.
* 4. Appeals.
* 5. Effect on Act of other written laws.
PART II - CONTRACTS OF SERVICE
* 6. Saving of existing contracts.
* 7. More favourable conditions of service under the Act to prevail.
* 7A. Validity of any term or condition of service which is more favourable.
* 7B. Removal of doubt in respect of matters not provided for by or under this Act.
* 8. Contracts of service not to restrict rights of employees to join, participate in or organize trade unions.
* 9. (Repealed).
* 10. Contracts to be in writing and to include provision for termination.
* 11. Provision as to termination of contracts.
* 12. Notice of termination of contract.
* 13. Termination of contract without notice.
* 14. Termination of contract for special reasons.
* 15. When contract is deemed to be broken by employer and employee.
* 16. Employees on estates to be provided with minimum number of days' work in each month.
* 17. (Omitted).
* 17A. Apprenticeship contracts excluded from sections 10 to 16.
PART III -PAYMENT OF WAGES
* 18. Wage period.
* 19. Time of payment of wages.
* 20. Payment on normal termination of contract.
* 21. Payment on termination of contract in special circumstances and on breach of contract.
* 22. Limitation on advances to employees.
* 23. Wages not due for absence from work through imprisonment or attendance in court.
PART IV - DEDUCTIONS FROM WAGES
* 24. Lawful deductions.
PART V - RELATING TO THE TRUCK SYSTEM
* 25. Wages to be paid in legal tender.
* 25A. Payment of wages through bank.
* 26. Conditions restricting place at which, manner in which and person with whom wages paid to be spent, illegal.
* 27. Interest on advances forbidden.
* 28. Restriction on places at which wages may be paid.