1

"You know my name, not my story."

''''

"Cold." I mumbled to myself as I rinsed my hair from the conditioner. Yes hi, I'm poor. If you think that's pathetic, well, fuck off in the most polite way possible.

Finally, the freezing hell of poor-ness was over. I grabbed a towel and dried myself off, mumbling to myself. You know, my plans to dominate the world. (god what am i writing)

I changed into a gray tank top and some black leggings, throwing a Nike jacket on top. Yes I own brand items. It's called a present.

This will be okay, right? I inspected myself after putting my glasses on, through the mirror, making sure I look presentable, at least. This is good.

I started to walk away when my heart started to throb. No it isn't a heart condition. I wish dude.

I'll just double check.

After double checking, I dried my hair I and just let it down. I don't care enough to do something with it. Plus, if I use any more electricity this month, I'll probably get kicked out.

Finally, to my favorite coffee shop I go.

"Good morning Injun. How was your night?" I plopped down on a stool across the counter from Injun, immediately resting my elbows on the counter.

He got bright red, my words affecting him just as planned.

"Oh, uh, you know," He cleared his throat, the redness not going away. "I went out with my friends."

I leaned across the counter, closer to him, and put on a sly smile. I could see him crumble in front of me. "You didn't get in any trouble." I stared into his eyes, "did you?"

He swallowed hard.

"I-I'll go get, uhm, your, uh normal order." Injun stuttered and scurried off to the back.

I leaned back and laughed to myself. He's the only one I can be confident with. I know he won't judge me. I've known Injun for years. I know he's whipped for me, and I use that to my advantage.

"You tease that poor boy every day. He's been trying to ask you out since last summer." The woman everyone calls Grandmother smiled from a few seats away. I sat up, my elbows leaving the counter, and I even pulled out my earbud, the violin silenced.

"I know. This is my entertainment." I smiled lightly at her, but a slight guilt made me rethink my actions.

No, he can handle it.

Can he?

She shook her head with a smile."You two would be cute together." I opened my mouth, mocking a look of surprise.

"Grandmother." I shook my head with a smile, tapping my pencil against the table. She chuckled to herself and took a bite of her blueberry bread.

"Here you go Minjee." Injun sat a slice of banana bread with nuts on a plate and a small bowl of butter in front of me. "What drink would you like today?"

I smiled up at him, contemplating my decision. I gotta get a drink he won't expect me to get..

"Strawberry smoothie." Thinking I had finally won, a grin on my face.

"I knew it." Injun's face brightened up and brought out a strawberry smoothie from behind his back. My tongue traced the front of my teeth as I narrowed my eyes at him. I unwrapped the straw and threw it into the drink, taking a sip, not daring to break eye contact.

"You're telekinetic." I flicked his forehead, chewing on the straw as I did so.

"I just know you really well." Injun's ears turned red as he rubbed his forehead, not daring to flick me back. Grandmother chuckled from beside us, sipping her coffee to cover it up.

Injun and I both looked at her, an unwilling smile growing on my face at the sight of her. She regained her normal state, acting like nothing happened.

"Oh keep going." She took another sip from her cup. "This is fun."

I sighed and picked up my things, sitting in my normal seat, right by the window, the cushions ready to consume me. 

I brought out my old Chrome book and turned it on as I placed both of my earbuds in my ears. Although they didn't completely drown out the noise of everyone else, they did offer comfort.

After spreading the butter, I took a bite of the bread. I looked over at Injun, who I knew was watching me. He got bright red but didn't dare to look away. He wanted my approval. I smiled and gave him a thumbs up, a sigh of relief escaping his lips

I turned back to my computer, putting on my glasses.

"Alright." I sighed and cracked my fingers. "Let's get started."

——

"Bye Injun." I waved as I left.

"B-bye Minjee." He stuttered, waving awkwardly, pausing his cleaning of a table to do so.

Walking outside, I heard my stomach grumble. It's about 2 ish and I haven't eaten lunch yet.

"Excuse me Miss, but are you Kim Minjee?" A man with dark sunglasses and an expensive looking suit approached me.

Aw shit. Am I in trouble?

"Uh no." I tried to walk away, not wanting to get involved in this shit. I didn't do anything illegal....is taking pictures of other people's dogs illegal?

Don't follow me. Please don't. I will scream if I have to.

"Please Miss, I have an offer for you. We can discuss it over lunch?" The man called out, not following me.

I froze in my tracks.

Don't do it

Do it. My stomach grumbled.

"Ok but you're paying right?" I turned back to him, walking with my arms crossed. He looks rich, I could get a good meal out of him.

"Sure?" Mr. Suit Guy answered, a little taken aback at my sudden change of attitude.

"Perfect. I know a place." I started to walk off, knowing he was following me.

———————————

End Of Chapter One!!!!!!

I did it! I finally published it!

I've been working on this for a couple of months now and I've had it ready for a couple of weeks, I've just been too scared to publish it. (published in April of 2019, editted in June of 2020)

I really hope you all enjoy it!

-Author