Episode 8: The Republic in Crisis

After having their secret base destroyed by the Jedi Order in Episode 7, the Dark Jedi decide to remain hidden and underground until the clones of Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker have fully developed. Meanwhile, the Republic faces a new war from a large group of super commandos who call themselves the Mandalorians. The Mandalorian super commandos originate from the unknown regions of the galaxy. While training on the planet called Nassius, special units of the Republic military are attacked by the Mandalorians. The fighting is fierce and very spectacular. The Republic units are defeated in a large-scale space and land battle. After being victorious, the Mandalorians retreat to the safety of deep space.

Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade, C-3PO and R2-D2 are on a secret mission to Mon Calamari. Luke is searching for the legendary kyber crystals that are rumored to be hidden on Mon Calamari. A kyber crystal greatly magnifies the power of the Force in whoever wears the crystal. Luke and Company come across a smuggler who claims to know where the kyber crystals might be hidden. For a high price, the smuggler gives Luke the location where the crystals might be. Luke, Jade, C-3PO and R2-D2 arrive at this secret location and startle some thieves who have beaten them to the crystals. The thieves see Luke and company. These thieves immediately flee in their hydro foil water boat over the great ocean of Mon Calamari. Skywalker and company give chase in their own hydro foil.

After a spectacular chase sequence on the Listinik Ocean, Luke and company manage to overtake the thieves' boat and retrieve the kyber crystals. With the crystals in hand, Skywalker and company leave Mon Calamari and head back to Coruscant.

On Coruscant, the Republic Senate has voted to increase their military budget in order to defeat the mysterious Mandalorian super commandos.

Somewhere else on Coruscant, Luke, Jade, C-3PO and R2-D2 arrive back home and meet up with Han Solo, Leia Solo, Lando Calrissian and Chewbacca. Han informs Luke that Han, Lando and Chewbacca will scout out the location of the hidden Mandalorian fleet. Luke tells Han to take R2-D2 to help with the mission. Leia decides to remain on Coruscant to meet with some powerful Senators regarding the difficult war with the Mandalorians.

Han, Lando, Chewbacca, R2-D2 and a Bothan named Terk Minas board the Millennium Falcon and head into space looking for the Mandalorian fleet. Meanwhile, Ben Skywalker (the son of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade), with his Jedi girlfriend named Paron Lighton, are attempting to make the Kessel Run in record time. Together, Ben and Paron fly a two seat fighter with Ben as the pilot and Paron as the navigator. After much excitement, Ben and Paron complete the Kessel Run, but fall short of setting any kind of record. They know that it will take many attempts for them to come close to breaking the record set for completing the Kessel Run.

Meanwhile back on Coruscant, Luke and Mara Jade are told about a group of Mandalorian fighters that are battling Rogue Squadron. Luke scrambles the Jedi star fighters to help Rogue Squadron. Luke and Jade board two fighters. Luke, Jade and the Jedi strike force enter hyperspace and arrive at the battle. The fighting is very hectic. Several of Rogue Squadron's fighters have been destroyed. Luke and company enter the battle. Jade's ship is disabled and Mara Jade is captured by the Mandalorians. Luke tries to reach the Mandalorian cruiser that has Jade. Several Mandalorian fighters attack Luke's X-Wing. Luke's X-Wing spirals out of control. The Mandalorians quickly leave the battle with Mara Jade. The life support system of Luke's X-Wing has been knocked offline. Luke is forced to enter Force hibernation so that he can survive until he is rescued. Soon, Luke is rescued by what's left of Rogue Squadron. They head back for the safety of Coruscant.

In deep space, Han and company in the Millennium Falcon have stumbled across the Mandalorian fleet. Han sends the location of the Mandalorian fleet back to the Republic military's headquarters. Dozens of Mandalorian fighters are sent to take out the Falcon. Han and Lando take control of the Falcon's laser cannons while Chewbacca pilots the Falcon. The Mandalorian fighters chase after the Falcon and damage the Falcon's hyperdrive. R2-D2 informs Chewie that the closest inhabited planet is the Wookiee home world called Kashyyyk.