three

"Even in his darkest moments...she was his only light."

***

***

"I missed you so much," Carl said, sighing happily as he pulled away from the hug he recently scooped me in.

"I wanted to come back for you; Shane wouldn't let us; I'm so sorry." He apologized for what was probably the fourth or fifth time now.

"Carl, I'm okay now," I assured him. I meant it, and now, I'm not alone; I have Carl Grimes back in my life.

"Dad, come here!" He yelled to his father, and Rick walked into the cabin. He looked up from fiddling with his gun, and a small smile tugged at his lips.

"Oh my god," I mumbled as I walked up to him, being pulled into another hug.

"I thought you were in the coma? You woke up?" I held onto his forearms and looked up at him.

"I woke up in the hospital and found Carl and Lori, Shane too, and some others," he smiled at me again.

"We have a group," Rick added, still looking at me.

"You have a group?" I asked. Carl nodded and sent me a small smile.

"I need to ask the questions," Rick spoke. I wondered what kind of questions he wanted to ask me.

"How many walkers have you killed?"

"Too many to count," I replied.

"How many people have you killed?"

"None."

"Why?"

"You guys are the first I've seen."

I was a bit nervous, walking with them to a new home, but I knew Carl would be with me, which made me feel better about the whole thing.

"So, how did you end up in prison?" I asked curiously.

"Well, a lot has happened since I last saw you," Carl told me.

"Like?" I inquired.

"I- I was shot," He said, almost in a whisper. I stopped and looked at the blue-eyed boy.

"You were shot," I repeated back to him in disbelief.

He nodded and looked me in the eyes.