6 - Finding A Way

*May 9*

Alex groaned in frustration, resisting the urge to slam his laptop closed and throw it across the room. Although the brunette lived comfortably, he was in no position to be destroying perfectly functioning – and extensively expensive – electronics.

At the moment, though, the computer wasn’t performing the task Alex had set for it. And that task was, of course, hunting down Jack Barakat. It seemed that everything he had been doing lately revolved around his former one night stand.

The 23 year old had been searching Facebook for the past three hours – and seventeen minutes, to be exact; yes, he was counting – with no success. So far he had only discovered a Lisa, Astrid, and Samarth Barakat. Obviously, all incredibly useful.

Alex mentally decided to give his virtual quest another fifteen minutes before giving in to the disappointment and searching for another form of entertainment.

Thirteen minutes later, just as the young man was about to call it quits, he stumbled upon the profile of someone named Joe Barakat. Joe Barakat, who had Jack Barakat listed under family.

He quickly clicked the name, gasping into his empty apartment when the grinning face of Jack popped up in the upper left hand corner of his screen. Honey eyes scanned the electronic screen, searching for more information on his destined mate.

Jack seemed to be a private person, as the only information revealed upon his Facebook page without friending the man was his name, location, and birthday. Alex sighed, determining that he would have to send a friend request if he wanted to obtain more news on the dark haired man.

After confirming that performing said action would only make him seem like a complete stalker – which he admitted that he had possibly been acting like – the man’s eyes flickered back to Jack’s profile picture.

He was standing in front of a railing, back to the Baltimore harbor. The sun, descending beneath the city skyline, illuminated his body in the fading light, making the man appear to glow. Like an angel.

Alex chuckled quietly at the thought, for his future beau, from what he knew, was far closer to a devil.

In his picture, Jack’s face was forming a crooked, closed mouth smile. His hair was styled in messy spikes, which seemed to be his signature. A Blink-182 black t-shirt clothed his upper half, while the lower was cut off by the camera.

The brunette grinned once more; at least Jack had exceptional taste in music.

His attention then turned back to his current dilemma. Locating the stranger over Facebook had ended up not benefiting Alex in many ways. The only information he had about the man remained what Zack had told him. The young man would never stop owing his best friend for that.

So, he decided, he’d have to go with his original thought. Accost Jack at college.

<+>

Jack slammed the door to his apartment, discarding his shoes into some random corner and ripping at the fabric of his jacket. After receiving a C- on the English paper he tried oh so desperately hard to write, it was fair to say that he in a bit of a foul mood.

The lanky man stormed over to his couch, collapsing onto it and wincing when he heard the old springs squeak as it sagged underneath him. He’d have to remember to go shopping for a replacement some time later that week.

Flipping open the lid of his laptop roughly, the dark haired man jabbed the power button, grumbling impatiently as it booted up. Once the screen finally colored from its previous black, casting an artificial glow over his features, he quickly opened Firefox and hunted down Facebook.