22 ~ it'll be worth it

'Does it hurt?'

'Not at all.'

You took a deep breath and looked at Draco.

'You'll be okay.' He said.

'I know.'

Draco pressed his lips against yours shortly. You smiled at him after he pulled back.

'I'll wait for you outside the door.'

You walked downstairs. Your parents were there waiting for you. They watched Draco follow you.

'Are you alright, Draco?' Your father asked.

'Of course, sir.' He said.

Your father started heading towards the drawing room. You wanted to follow him but your mother stopped you. She took you over to the mirror and changed some things about your hair (if possible) and your dress. You looked at her. It had been so long since your mother even cared.

She suddenly gave you this dress. She wanted you to show up decently for your ceremony. Your mother looked at you and laid her hands on your upper arms. She moved them down a little.

'I never thought I would ever say this again, but I'm quite proud of you.' She said.

You smiled. You didn't know if this was right. Earning their love by actually doing the wrong thing. You looked at yourself for a moment.

This is it, Y/N.. No turning back now. You've made your choice. It's for a better cause.. right? You made the right choice.. right? No need for doubt. You'll finally get what you've wanted. You'll be accepted. That's what you wanted. You have to be strong. It's just a mark, it's just a side you're choosing for a little while. Afterwards you'll go back. You'll go back as if nothing happened.

'Let's go..' Your mother said and she gave you a small kiss on your head.

It was crazy how her entire mood changed towards you. She let you go and walked away. You took a deep breath and followed her. You felt someone grab your wrist. You turned around and smiled at Draco.

'Are you okay?' He asked.

You nodded and quickly kissed him.

'It'll be worth it.. in the end.'

'You know you don't have to do this.'

'You're wrong.' You said. 'I have to do this.'

You let him go and walked into the drawing room. Everyone was already waiting. You felt your heart racing and your breath was shaking a bit.

'Good afternoon.. my Lord.' You said.

'Welcome. I hope you're ready.'

Your mother was there, your father, your brother.. they all looked at you. You lifted up your left arm.

'I'm ready, my lord.'

He walked over to you and grabbed his wand. He grabbed your arm. You looked at him shortly before looking at your arm. Voldemort pressed his wand against your lower arm and mumbled a spell.

Before you knew it, the dark mark appeared on your arm. When it was fully there, he stopped. He let you go and you looked at him.

'Welcome.' He said. 'Who knew that the biggest failure of the family would turn out okay.' He said.

He walked away. Your parents walked over to you. Your father moved his and past your mark and kissed the top of your head. You looked at your brother.

'Well done. I thought you'd chicken out of this one.'