twenty nine

"Dammit Harry!" I yell, as I throw my hands in the air. "You always do this to me!" tears well in my eyes. He sits on the bed, his face in hands, his elbows resting on his knees. He doesn't say anything. He just stays like that, shaking his head. "Harry, please!" I sob. He finally looks up, eyes red and puffy.

"Emma... I'm sorry," he states. He pushes himself up, and strides to the door. I grab his arm, and tug him. He shrugs me off, and opens the door. Revealing Liz.

"Harry!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I gasp for air as he shuts the door. I fall to the floor, unable to move. "Harry..." I gasp. "Please, Harry.." Harry doesn't come back, and my vision fades to black.

I wake up, in a sweat, my heart pounding, and tears in my eyes. 

Emma, it's only a dream. I tell myself over and over. I look around and remember where I am. I panic when I don't find Harry laying beside me. We've been inseparable for two weeks, and I have been over at his house for the most part. Today we were at my dorm. I roll out of bed, and search frantically for Harry. 

I hear the shower running, and I lightly tap on the door.

"Harry?" I ask silently.

"Yeah, babe, it's me," he says a little loudly. I've told him about my frequent dreams. They happen every night, I usually wake up in the middle of the night crying, or screaming. 

I pad over to the couch, and plop down, pulling my phone off the coffee table. I have fifteen unopened text messages. Nine of them being from Harry, telling me he loves me, and other cute things.

' From Niall: hey em. need to talk. '

' From Lou: next time u & harry come over, we need toilet paper x ' 

' From Aleah: Me and Ed are at the house, ready to switch? ' 

' From unknown: You and Harry won't last. Enjoy it while you can ' 

I have been getting a lot of texts from the unknown person. I've chose to not tell Harry, and just ignore them. 

I hear the water stop from the bathroom. 

"Babe! It's our turn to stay at the house!" I yell. "And we need to get toilet paper!" I add. Me and Aleah take shifts with the dorm. Mostly because being in a house with six guys is overwhelming, and sometimes we need alone time with our boyfriends. 

My phone shuts itself off, signaling dead battery. 

"I'm gonna borrow your phone," I say to Harry as he opens the bathroom door. He nods his head, and heads to my bed with a towel draped over his head. I pull his phone from the jeans he wore yesterday. When I unlocked it, I saw a few different texts. 

' From Liz: haaaaarrrrrrryyy. Text me back ;) ' 

What the hell? I open the text, and scroll through their conversation. Why has Harry been texting Liz? Was he still into her? I ignore it, and call Niall.

"Hello?" he speaks.

"Hey Niall. It's Emma."  

"Hey!" 

"What's up?"

"Nothing much. Um, when are you coming?" 

"Later today. Why?" 

"We need to have a talk," he says slowly.

"Okay, see you later Niaaaall!" I say, hanging up. 

"Who was that?" Harry asks, entering the room.

"Niall?" I say. Considering I said his name a few times.

"Oh," he mutters. 

"Harry. Come here." I say sternly. He stalks his way over to the couch, sitting close to me. He snakes his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close to him. "Can I ask you something? Without you getting mad?" I ask, avoiding eye contact.

"Sure baby," he says, kissing my forehead. 

"Why have you, and Liz been texting? And why is she sending you winky faces?" I ask, in a bitchy tone. His face twists into a scowl.

"Why have you been going through my phone?" he says through his teeth.

"Why should I be having trust issues already?" I say just as hateful. His brows furrow, and he looks away. 

"What do you want me to do?" he asks, after five minutes of silence. 

"Block her number" I say. He looks at me. "Harry, I want to be able to trust you.." I tell him. 

"Jesus. What the hell do you want? A fucking ring?" he spats.

"Get out." I state.

"What?" He asks confusedly. 

"I said get out" I repeat. He stands to his feet, and walks over to his bag, throwing his stuff in it, and reaches his hand out for his phone. I shove it to him. He stomps to the door, and yanks it open, then slams it. 

I sit on the couch for a good twenty minutes, crying, and thinking. Then I couldn't stand it any longer. I stood to my feet, running out the door. I stop dead in my tracks, when I see Harry slumped against the wall, he feet sprawled out before him.

"What took you so long?" he says sadly. He quickly stands, and gently grabs my face, kissing me. I smile into it.  

"I had to remember why I loved you," I say against his chest. 

"Which is?" 

"That you need me, as much as I need you. That you're the one person I feel the pull of a magnet against. We can't be separated, because we'll just come back together. That you make me a different person, a person that I want to be. You saw me clearly, and you showed me what I needed. You and I are forever. Always." He smiles widely at me. He kisses me, passionately. 

"Em, if you want me to block Liz's number, I will..." he calmly says.

"Harry, I kind of would like for you to.." I ask.

"Alright then," he nods once. He pulls out his. phone.

Liz has been blocked. It read. 

Good. Harry has finally understood how my trust is something you have to earn. And him texting Liz is not a way to do that