II.

"Eye contact: how souls catch fire."  
  ―        Yahia Lababidi

"You know what I forgot to get while in the city? A pizza

"You know what I forgot to get while in the city? A pizza. I kept telling myself over and over again that I needed to order a pizza to the hotel and never did. Don't get me wrong, we have good pizza spots in Atlanta, but there's nothing like a New York slice. Being that Jesse's from Chicago, you know they have their own style out there and we debate all the time about which region has the better pizza, but New York takes it by a landslide. Just don't tell him that I said that." I stuck the applicator back into the tube of my MAC "Spite" lipglass while she plopped back against the seat in disappointment for having failed to fulfill her craving. I wish she had of said something last night when she decided to travel over from the city to spend her final night on the East Coast at my house. We ordered a couple of dishes from this local Mexican restaurant that left my stomach in shambles throughout the night. I still feel slightly uneasy. Had we gone with a pizza, I probably wouldn't have had to skip breakfast this morning.

"You'll be back. We can grab pizza then."

"I will be. The question is, when are you coming to Atlanta? Come down so we can have some fun in the city. We're not New York, but the southern hospitality is damn good."

"As soon as I find the time, I'm on the first flight out there. Contrary to what you believe, I actually enjoy Atlanta. I wouldn't mind living down there. It's a great city." My eyes caught her own as she glanced at me from a side angle and a snide snicker followed to match her mood.

"That's bullshit and we both know it. You're an east coast girl to the core. I remember when we were in Toronto at All Star. You looked like a fish out of water. I don't think I can ever see you moving anywhere else for an extended period of time until you're saggy and old."

"First of all, just because I'll be old doesn't mean that I'll be saggy. Have you seen Angela Bassett? That's the goal right there. Second, I do love it up here but I'm not opposed to living elsewhere at some point in my life. It just depends on the circumstances and opportunities. Right now, aside from it being home, it makes perfect sense to be on the east coast. So, until something comes up, this is where I'll be." I was the third hire for The Sports Haven and it was a time clenching phone call that came just before I was due to take another opportunity ESPN presented me with out in Los Angeles. I contacted a realtor in hunt for an apartment and intended to return to settle where I'd be residing, but my destiny ended up being in Connecticut. Though I wasn't mentally prepared to make such a move, I prayed on it, and was ready. I'm sure it may have been my mother's prayers of desperation to God that kept me here. She dreaded the reality that I wouldn't be within close proximity to her though I'm not sure why. We're not in each other faces much regardless.

"With the position that you have up there at ESPN, I don't blame you."

"And once you're up there with me, we're going to turn it up. I need a bit more estrogen on that panel from time to time, even though I hold my own against all three of them."