Chapter Two

"Let go of me," Peter mutters as soon as he's being shoved down the hallway. He no longer has to worry about Harley and Morgan because it's just him being taken to be experimented on. He's not quite sure what that entails as of right now and he doesn't want to find out, but there are vibranium cuffs around his wrists and ankles, and a gun pressed to the small of his back. There's no getting out of this right now.

"Like we'd ever do that," Elodie says, laughing harshly. She has a firm grip on his forearm, fake nails digging into his skin hard enough to draw blood.

Luc pushes the gun harder against his back as he tries to pull his arm from Elodie.

"Is that a gun or are you just happy to see me?" Peter says. Half of it is because the nerves are starting to twist his stomach into knots. Half of it is because he knows the angrier they are at him, the less angry they'll be with his siblings.

He should've expected the punch, but his spidey-senses have been screaming ever since he got here. It doesn't give him enough warning before his vision is going white and his mouth fills with blood.

It's not that the punch was particularly painful, he breaks his nose at least once a month while patrolling, it's just the fact that it'll get worse. The longer he's here, the worse the abuse will get. It's a solid fact.

And if they hurt him more and more, they'll eventually get around to hurting Harley and Morgan.

That's the only reason he does what he does.

He lets a bit of the blood that's flowing does his face fill his mouth and then he spits it at Elodie's white blouse.

The horror that blooms across her face makes it worth it. Her mouth falls into a gasp, hand flying off his arm as she pulls her shirt away from her skin to look down at it.

"How- Oh my god," she exclaims, eyes darkening with anger as she looks back up at the teenager.

Peter offers her a bloody smile.

"You're going to regret that," she seethes, grabbing the collar of his shirt and staring him down. "One day, you'll realize that disobeying will only result in more pain and suffering for you. The only thing that being a bitch will do is make your life even more of a living hell. You'll submit to what we want of you. You'll give up."

"Try me," he snarls, throwing every bit of energy he has left into glaring at her.

"Oh, trust me, darling. We will."

*

The room is dull. Cement walls, cement floors, cement ceiling. No windows, metal doors with at least three locks on each.

The first room only has a metal table, vibranium cuffs for wrists and ankles on it, showing exactly what it will be for. There's also a metal tray filled with tools and devices that Peter doesn't even want to think about.

They take him through the room and into the next one. It looks the same except for the contents of the room. It's all gym equipment. Giant weights and treadmills and ellipticals and stationary bikes.

Elodie pulls out her gun and holds it in Peter's direction as he's pushed to the ground.

"Go," she instructs Luc, waving her hand. "I've got this."

He nods once and ducks out of the room. A moment later, a projection appears on the far wall. It has the blinking red light in the corner along with the words Live.

Luc is standing with his gun pressed to Harley's temple with a wicked smile. Morgan is tugging at her cuffs, desperately trying to help her brother while Peter's not there to keep them safe.