14

It was just two weeks remaining until Amirah's wedding. Everything was getting more hectic than ever. Even Asiya never got time for herself and Khalid didn't like that as he really wanted to be with his wife so bad.
He'd complain so much whenever she slept at his in laws. He was more upset when she decided she'd stay with them on the first day of the event till everything was over.

"Haba please noo!" He'd whined.

"Nope! Have to, there's lots to be done," Asiya would reply.

"It's not as if you're cooking for the entire guests or something, you still need to keep resting,"

"There's much more than cooking for the guests. Afterall that was about 3 months ago. I've put that all at my back okay?"

It'd been almost 3 months since the baby incident and all the distress. Mama so as baba kept on pressurising the two to try again as there might be luck but Asiya just wasn't ready for anything. She felt she still needed time and Khalid respected that. Mummy's insults still went on and of course Asiya would never say a word.

xxx

Asiya left her shop at around 12pm and headed to wuse market to get some few provisions for her house as the month had ended. On entering the market, she headed straight to Mallam Hadi's stall to get all she needed. After that, she went to buy vegetables and some random household items.
Just as she stopped to buy potatoes, she bumped into Hafsa, her customer from the other day.

"A'ah sannu Hafsa, how have you been?" Asiya greeted and hugged her.

"Alhamdulillah, how's your husband and kids?"

"He's fine and urhh..." Asiya looked down and fiddled with her hands and took her eyes off Hafsa as she remembered the pain of 3 months ago.

"Oh I'm sorry if i brought back memories. It's okay if you don't want to talk about it," Hafsa rested her hands on Asiya's shoulder.

"Umm no problem, if you're done from here, mind coming over?"

"Sure. I'm even done, let's go,"

They both bought their potatoes and left for Asiya's house. Hafsa sent her driver home and went in Asiya's car to her home.

"Wow you have a lovely home! You do interior decor ne?"

"No, the house was a surprise from my husband including all the furnitures." Asiya replied.

"Mmm lovey dovey," Hafsa teased.

"Oh by the way, let me get you an invitation for my sister in law's wedding." Asiya pulled out the drawer of the TV console, and grabbed a copy of the IV.

"Ohh, when," she asked as she glanced at the IV.

"Wallahi it's in 2 weeks time, sorry for the short notice,"

"No problem, I'm free on all these dates. Can i come with my husband? He can attend the daurin aure and probably dinner? If you don't mind,"

"Ah no problem. We should introduce our hubbys to each other. Let me give you the one for the wedding fatiha and an extra one for dinner because it's strictly on invitation."

They chatted for a while and Hafsa even ate some food.
Suddenly, the bell rang and Asiya plastered a smile on her face.

"Must be Khalid," she got up immediately to open the door.

"Welcome," she said and hugged him.

"This is my friend, Hafsa,"

"Good evening, Khalid,"