The proposition..

Part 44:

"HELLOOO? Haz?" Jack Maynard's voice called from outside. Hailie stirred under the sheets. Harry was getting dressed. He ran downstairs, in just his tracksuits. Opening the front door, he shushed them before they had a chance to say anything. "jeez man, what's up?" Harry ushered them inside. "Hailie doesn't know you're coming! She's upstairs asleep. I'm gonna go bring the kids down, wait here" Harry tip-toed up the stairs. "so what're we doing exactly?" Jack and Conor stood awkwardly in the kitchen. Conor shrugged. "no idea" the kitchen door opened. "hey" Hailie's sleepy voice passed them. She opened the fridge, but closed it again. She pointed to Jack and Conor, who waved, smiling. Backing up to the stairs, Hailie called Harry. "yeah babe?" you could hear him trying to hide a smile. "you do realise there's two Maynards standing in our kitchen, right?" Harry chuckled. Hailie stamped her foot. "you knew about this, didn't you, Styles?!" Harry was now laughing really hard. "surprise babe!" he managed to get out between laughs. Walking down the stairs with Emma and Mason in his arms, he kissed her forehead. She took Emma, walking into the kitchen. "sorry about that, oh my god. Conor and Jack Maynard are in my kitchen. Woah" they hugged her, gently as they could, because she had Emma. "I'm Hailie" she smiled, heating the babies' bottles up in the microwave. "Conor" he said, pointing at himself. "this is my brother, Jack" Jack elbowed him. "I can talk for myself, Con" Hailie laughed. She led them to the sitting room. "make yourself at home, I'll just set these two down here, if you don't mind" she placed them into the play pen, lying them on their backs, the mobile hanging above them. "I'll get ye some drinks, alright lads?" they nodded, and watched her walk out the door. Through the glass pane on the door, they saw Harry catch her by the waist. He pulled her close. "did you like your surprise then?" she nodded. "best one yet.. Well.. Since Emma, Mason, and the engagement" she winked. Harry chuckled. "you're full of surprises, Styles" he closed his eyes, smiling. "I know" he leaned in, connecting their lips together. Their lips moving in sync, their tongues dancing on each other, they moaned and giggled as their hands roamed the other's body. "WOAH!" Jack had opened the door, but had closed it again as soon as he saw them. Breaking apart, Hailie blushed. "why does that always happen to us?" Harry shrugged, walking into the living room to join the boys. Shaking her head, Hailie went and got the drinks.

"so Hailie, what do you do, you know, besides be Harry's bitch and have his clones?" Conor said, grabbing more crisps from a bowl on the table. Laughing, Hailie rubbed Emma's back as she tried to get up her trapped wind. "I'm an Occupation Therapist down at the city hospital" Conor nodded. "hey, Jack, didn't you wanna be one of those?" Jack looked at Conor strangely. "I don't even know what it is!" they laughed. Hailie's phone rang. "Harry, can you take Em please?" Harry nodded, scooping Emma from Hailie's arms. "hello sweetheart! How's my girl?" he smiled, kissing Emma's cheek. Hailie smiled as Harry placed Emma into Conor's arms. Holding the phone up to her ear, she clicked answer. "hello, Hailie Anderson speaking, how may I help you this afternoon?" it was her work phone, so a formal answer was in order. "hello, Miss Anderson, my name is Charlize Deabler of the National Health Association in the United States" Hailie closed her bedroom door. She sat down on the bed. Why was this American woman ringing her? "okay, how may I help you?" Hailie took a sip of the water in her hand. "well, it's actually a case f how you can help us. We've called up your workplace, and from what I've heard, you're a brilliant Occupational Therapist. We'd like you to consider, maybe, taking a post up here in New York?" Hailie spit the water into the sink. "N-New Y-York?" her eyes widened. "yes ma'am. We'd really like you to join us here in the city centre!" Hailie began to shake. "I'll give you some time to think about it, but the final deadline will be by Wednesday, okay?" Hailie looked at the porcelain clock on the wall. "16:14, Saturday, November 15th" Hailie looked at her hands. She couldn't control them. "Hailie?!" Harry was calling her. Shit. "will you consider it, Miss Anderson?" she nodded. "I'll see what my family think. Thank you for your call" they said their goodbyes, and hung up. "Hails?" Harry opened the bedroom door. Hailie shoved her hands into her shorts pockets. "me, Conor and Jack were planning on going out, did you wanna come?" Hailie shook her head. "the kids are too young yet. You go out with the boys" Harry tilted his head. "what about your safety? And Mason and Emma's?" Hailie thought about it. "I'll invite the boys and the girls over, okay? They'll be here when you get back, then" he nodded. "okay" Hailie lay down on the bed, dialling their numbers. After everyone had been invited, Hailie walked downstairs with Harry. Conor and Jack were waiting at the door, Jack holding Emma and Conor holding Mason. "aww, who's holding you, buddy?" she tickled Mason's tummy. He giggled, snuggling his head into Conor's neck. Lifting him and Emma into her arms, she placed them in the cot. She kissed Harry goodbye (much to the boy's displeasure) and hugged Jack and Conor. Just as they were pulling out of the driveway, Eleanor and Louis pulled in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Soo! What's gonna happen with Hailie's offer?

Dya think she'll take off to NY, or will she consult Harry?

Feedback? x x

@LoveThatCurly