Chapter 11: Fun

Chapter 11: Fun

The memory faded in with a mischievous chuckle. Frost was flying over Germany, when he spotted a businessman who was far too serious. He stopped and decided to play around for a bit. There was a snowball fight just a little ways away, and the man's son was partaking in it. "You, sir, look like you could use a bit of fun." Frost decided.

"Hmm... but how to get you over there...?" He suddenly smirked, and created ice underneath the man's foot. He slipped, but instead of simply falling, Frost made a trail of ice, just like he would eventually do for Jamie and his sled.

"Aaargh!" The man cried out as he was shepherded by the invisible winter spirit right to the middle of the admittedly lively snowball war.

"Dad?!" One of the kids called out in shock. He stared. "W-what're you doing here?! I thought you had a meeting today!"

"Isn't your vati super strict and stuff?" One kid whispered to the other.

"Y-yeah. So I don't understand why he'd be here. He's the exact opposite of fun." He pouted.

"Opposite of fun?! Well, we can't have that, now can we?" Frost laughed. "But how to get someone like you to—" He shuddered as the man suddenly got up, dusted himself, and walked through him.

But this time, instead of simply walking through him and making Frost feel cold and desolate, something entirely new happened.

The memory shook, and several images passed by.

The man, now a boy, tried playing with his own father. He grew up alone, and impoverished. Nobody would play with him, and his mother had died young. His father was always working hard to put food on the table, and had no time for 'useless games' as he called them.

Through hard work, he managed to get a job when he became a teenager. As he grew, he forgot the Guardians of Childhood. His own childhood had been drawn in grays and monotone colors, rather than bright vivid colors as they should have been. Something important was missing.

A moment later, they were back in the original memory.

"What the hell was that?!" Bunny looked around, expecting something else to suddenly crop up.

"It's part of my center." Jack explained. "When I'm walked through by individuals who've forgotten how to have fun, I get glimpses of their childhoods, or pasts so I know how to revive that spark of fun." He grinned. "Just watch and learn, Kangaroo."

"And the stupid nickname is back." Bunny pouted. "I'M A BUNNY!"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say. I was more inclined to believe that when you were tiny." Jack chuckled.

"OI!"

Frost shook his head, coming back to the present. "That was... sad." He looked at the man with sympathy, before his expression morphed into one of determination. "Well, time to teach you how to have fun, then." He grinned. "Adult or kid. It doesn't matter." He created a snowball. "Everyone can have fun." He instinctively blew on his snowball, a light icy-blue mist coated it, making it shine. He startled a bit, looking at it before shrugging.

His aim was true, and it smacked the irate adult right in the face. All the kids froze, afraid of the consequences of speaking out.

For a moment, it looked like nothing was going to happen. Then, a spark lit up in the man's eyes. As he discreetly scooped up snow and packed it into a ball. He then threw it right at his son, catching him in the face, shocking the boy.