Chapter #40 Seraphina

Bright rays of sunlight flashed over my face, and I groaned at the discomfort it brung. I turned to the side, trying to hide my face, but the sun seemed rather persistent, and I was shocked again by the light that reached my face, urging me to open my eyes.

I've always been a morning person, but when you save someone from dying, and suffer the guilt with the belief that it was your fault. And, mixed in with a near death experience, you don't exactly want to wake up the next day.

My eyes opened groggily, and I sat up, stretching my arms and looking around. The place was exactly just how we left it, the arrays of trees and the bushes laying around were the exact same.

But, my eye caught two figures laying down on the ground. Using the backpacks for pillows and the moss for padding. They were asleep, so I must have been the first one to wake up.

"Idiots," I mumbled, frowning. My throat was constricted and almost tighter. And speaking or trying to say anything would simply hurt or burn. Not to mention how I seemed to croak, not actually speak.

I began to stand up, and was surprised that there wasn't too much pain in doing so. I would have thought that I would have had more chest pains, or maybe it was just my throat...

'Get those two boys to help you then,' the voice in my head offered, 'you do need to find your way out anyway.'

           I shrugged to myself, and let out a deep sigh. I didn't need to be reminded that we were lost. And the fact that we had absolutely no source of communication didn't exactly help either.

"John," I whispered silently, "Arlo?" I didn't want to be too loud, just in case they were deeply sleeping. I didn't want to have them complaining at me all day for that.

To my surprise, the blonde haired boy began to sit up, grumbling a few things and rubbing his eyes, disoriented.

"What is it?" He asked softly, turning his head side to side. Until he noticed me, "oh, Seraphina," his voice wasn't enthusiastic. "Well then," he stood up, "got any leads?"

"Not yet."

He sighed, "Yeah, I should've expected that. Anyways though," he pointed to the ravenette on the ground, "should we wake him up?"

"If we were going to wake him up," I smiled softly, "I would do it in a fashion in which he pays for what he did before."

"Before?" Arlo questioned, cocking his head to the side, "what happened?"

"Are you telling me you don't remember?"

He paused, and put a finger on his chin, "I believe so, all I remember is when John split up from the rest of us to get food." He looked around hungrily, "speaking about food, what did he get?"

So he didn't remember... well then, best not to bring the subject up, it's not like I want him to start believing he is dead again.

"He didn't end up finding anything." I mumbled, "but it shouldn't matter anyway, we are going to find a way out of here soon."

The blonde haired boy looked disappointed at the news, but didn't show any other type of reaction. "Should we wake him up then?"

            "Yeah sure," I grinned, "how shall we do it then?"

             Arlo glanced around, and shrugged. "There is a river down below, we could collect some water and wake him up with it..."

           "No!"