Ceremony

We ran across the room picking up anything and everything that came by our hands. After taking a quick shower, we changed into our dresses.

Tah took charge of make-up while I did the hair. Being me, I had to plead her to not have my face caked with make-up. She might be goddess in doing make-up, but I still feared my appearance. All she did was to tell me off in return and went down to her work. Finally, once she was done with it, I looked into the mirror. She had the make-up natural looking and to say I looked good would be an understatement if I did say so myself. It made my blue eyes pop out. I had brownish blonde hair with piercing ocean blue eyes. I took my time appreciating the way I looked in the mirror while Tah did her make-up. Finally done, I put my hair in an elegant bun.

Once she finished her last coating of eyeliner she was done. I took her hair and curled it to the side. She was a brunette, of 5'8, with hazel eyes.

"You look gorgeous Tah!", I said giving her a once over.

"You are not bad yourself, beautiful." Tah put out her hand mimicking a male voice.

I held out my hand laughing at her buffoonery.

We went down and out of the house to the car waiting to take us to the hall.

The hall was decorated beautifully. The girls were dressed in beautiful dresses while the boys had on their tux looking ever so handsome. Few other packs were also attending the ceremony today. Everyone seemed to be enjoying their time laughing and chatting.

We went to the front desk to get our badges.

"Name and Pack", the lady there asked Tah.

"Tahliya Jones, Red Moon Pack"

The lady took out a badge and gave it to her.

Her badge said-

Name: Tahliya Jones

Beauty: 9/10

Strength: 9/10

Pack: Red Moon Pack

Next it was my turn.

"Name and Pack"

"Caroline Dunbar, Red Moon Pack"

She gave me my badge and moved on to the next set of girls who had come after us.

Mine said-

Name: Caroline Dunbar

Beauty: 9/10

Strength: 10/10

Pack: Red Moon Pack

It definitely had to be a printing mistake. I was about to go back to the lady and ask for the correct badge when Tah interrupted me.

"Where are you going?", she asked, getting hold of my wrist.

"I am going to ask her for the correct badge, how can my strength be more than yours?", I said, trying to release my hand.

"First of all, Carol that's amazing. And secondly, why would you think that it is a printing mistake?"

"You are an alpha blood, how can I exceed yours? Of course it would be a printing mistake.", I said, still trying in vain.

"That doesn't matter. I never took training seriously, remember? On the other hand, you were addicted to it. It's all about the amount of practice.", she said, dragging me towards the door to the main hall.

"Now, if you are happy with the answer, I am thirsty and would love to have some food intake. You wouldn't want to have to deal with a famished Tahliya, would you?", she asked, dragging me towards the food table once inside.

There was no need to answer her as she didn't bother to hear one. Once we reached there, Tah didn't bother maintaining any amount of etiquette. I sipped on my drink while Tah continued to attack the food. Even when others gave her weird looks, she couldn't bother less about them. That was when I smelled it, the heartwarming smell of pine and sand. Liza was howling inside me, making me go crazy even more.

"Do you smell it?"

"Yes, he is our –"

"Mate", we said in unison.

Liza kept howling inside me.

Mate! Mate!

My ocean blue eyes scanned the gathering in an attempt to find our mate.

Suddenly my hand was yanked, making me turn around with a jolt.