Chapter 7: The plane

I'm sitting on the plane, first class. I didn’t want any little kid sitting behind me and kicking my seat or have a baby continuously crying throughout the whole flight. The seats were colored white, they were soft, almost like alpaca fur. (A/N if you've never felt alpaca fur, it’s REALLY soft) The chairs could recline all the way back and the bottom would pop out so you could put your feet up. The carpets were a nasty dirty looking dark blue. It smelled surprisingly NOT like an airplane would, but instead, it smelled like really good coffee.

I was seated next to a teenage girl. She looked to be about 17 or 18. She had long brown hair, it reached below her chest, It had golden highlights thrown about in it. Her thick hangs fell just below her eyebrows; her lips were a light pink. She was wearing a black t shirt and white flowy almost see through pants. Her eyes flutter toward me as I sat down in the seat next to her. Her eyes were a deep blue, they were beautiful, but before I got a good look, they grew wide and looked back out the window.

Looking forward at the seat in front of me I wondered why she looked at me like that. When it finally dawned on me... One Direction... I sighed. I turned to her and started talking to her, I was going to be on this plane for quite some time with her, might as well talk to her.

"Hey there" I said to her

"Oh, hello." She said back. She was Irish, I could tell by her deep accent

"My name’s Zayn." I smiled at her

"I know who you are," she giggled, "my name is Willow, its very nice to meet you Zayn."

"That's a cool name" I state to her

“Yeah, I really like it. It's different like me!" she chirps.

And she was different, she didn't treat me like a famous person, but she treated me like I am a real human being. Like I went to school with her.

"So where are you going?" I asked her

"To Florida, my grandmother lives there and she's getting old, I just thought it was time for a visit."

"Oh, me too"

I felt the plane start to move and I quickly tensed up. I was terrified of heights.

“Hey you okay?" she asks

"Yeah, I'm just terrified of heights."

"You'll be fine" she reassured me.

"Thanks" I say flashing her a smile.

After the attendant goes over the safety procedures, the plane is racing down the runway when I feel a soft hand grab ajold of mine. My eyes are squeezed just but I peek out to see Willow holding my hand and smiling at me. I squeeze her hand tighter and she just runs her thumb along my skin, relaxing me.

When we were finally level, I opened my eyes and let her hand go. "Thank you" i say to her. " No problem, I used to be terrified too, but my mom always did this with me, and now, I'm not scared anymore." she smiled.

"Soo.. Who is you favorite band?" ask her trying to get some small talk in.

"It's actually One Direction.." she blushes.

"Oh well then, lucky you." I winked at her.

I liked her; she was so easy to talk to. She kind of reminded me of Niall. I have no idea how, maybe it was her eyes, but she just did. But it wasn't then kind of feelings that I had for Niall, more like, I liked her as a friend.

"Yeah, my favorite song is moments; there is just so much feeling in it. I mean I've cried just listening to that song before, it kind of relates me I guess you could say. I mean, my girlfriend die not too long ago and I just wish I could have one more day with her."