|73|~Pledge Of Allegiance ~

Unedited.
Nicklaus POV.

My monster gets ready for another battle when Rufus makes his way over to Claire.

I toss Cyrus body to the side, like a rag doll and place my attention onto the possible new threat at hand. "Rufus," I warn, struggling to keep my monster at bay within me. Screw that! There is no need.

No one can be trusted if you ask me. At this point, anyone can lose their life. No matter, what extent of pain it brings me. Although, I understand why Cyrus pushed my buttons his actions has cut me deep.

For this reason, I brace myself to go to war with another man I once consider to be my brother. Xander still remains crouched in a threatening stance behind her and Marcellus face remains emotionless, careful enough not to give away how loyal he is to Claire, due to my instructions. On the contrary, his eyes tell another story. They are filled with ravening anticipation.

In that moment, Claire holds up her hand to stop me in my tracks.

I know she feels my pain. That's why she prevented me from taking Cyrus life in the first place.

During battle, I was able to observe everything. I never allowed my monster to take full control because there was really no need.

She was the one to demonstrated true strength. He disrespected her. That is one thing that no vampire can stomach, half vampire or not. That is one trait that roars through our toxic vampirism veins indefinitely.

Everyone knows that. Specially, another vampire that's exactly why Cyrus did what he did. He knew one word against my beloved would force my hand to go to war. Even Claire, herself purposely use too provoke my kind because of her idiotic death wish. Our monsters aren't strong enough to fight our demonic wills. But Claire once again, managed to defeat the odds and demonstrate true strength.

When she had every right to request Cyrus head on a platter, she requested mercy. Now, that is the epitome of inner-strength.

To further illustrate, look at her now standing proudly, with her chin pointed in the air. Her head is held high, and her shoulders are straight as King Rufus approaches her. Claire's character draws people in, making them want to follow her lead.

In a room full of predators she somehow remains fearless and poised. In short summary, Claire is demonstrating that she is a quintessential courageous confident woman- distinguished, dignified, and daring.

Slaves, chosen's, servants, and vampires all alike watch the scene in tight silence. I'm certain that even they can all agree.

Maybe, that's why Rufus is making his way to her. I can sense that his monster is not present, could it be that he has decided to pledge his allegiance to the both of us? Could it be that he is able to see what I can see. Of course it is.

Once he bows his head in the process of kneeling onto his right knee my suspicions are confirmed. Claire stopping me from talking Cyrus life has proved to him that she not only respects the bond of the kings, but she cares about the wellbeing of our people.

One dead king can destroy the entire vampire monarchy.

When she ignored Xander pleads she proved that she can be vicious. In addition, even a blind man can see that she is beautiful. Standing here just thinking about everything that Claire did throughout the fight, Rufus current actions adds up.

"I pledge my loyalty to King Nicklaus and Queen Claire, The Queen of All Vampire Kings," he declares. Not even the proudest vampire, who has been bewitched and smitten by his beloved could understand the pride of my most precious possession following within me.