From A Differnt Perspective

Mommy said today I would be meeting someone new. I'm excited I love meeting new people. She dressed me in a fancy white dress and she was busy fixing her hair for a very long time. Mommy seemed nervous but smiled at me. I love my Mommy's smile, it's so pretty.

We walked up to a big house and a really tall man opened it for us. He used a lot of bad words when he saw us but let us come in. The whole time he kept calling mommy bad names. I was not excited to meet this man anymore. "You shouldn't be here!" "You and this kid were both mistakes!" "You were a cheap fuck, nothing more!"

His yelling is really hurting my ears, I hide behind Mommy. "I need money for her Trevor. If you're not gonna help me, I'll be forced to take you to court. Do you really want that embarrassment? Your wife and kids to find out you screwed a 17 year old girl for a year?!"

Now the man is really really mad. He starts throwing things around the room. I start to cry, he's really scary. Now he grabs Mommy by the neck. Mommy is coughing a lot. I'm scared I don't know what do to. I run and hide behind the long curtains to get away from the yelling but I can still hear them.

Then the loud voices stop and the man is gone. I am happy and hope I never see him again. I peek out from the curtains and see Mommy laying on the floor. That's a funny place to take a nap but Mommy must be tired from all the yelling. She is laying in red water.

I sit next to Mommy and shake her a little but she doesn't wake up. Mommy usually gets mad when I wake her so I sit quietly. I hope the bad man doesn't come back. I'm hungry and my tummy is growling, I have to wake Mommy so I can eat. I keep shaking her but she still won't wake up. "Mommy? Mommy, hungry." I cry. "Mommy wake up!" There is more red water under Mommy now. I decide to just cuddle next to Mommy until she wakes up.

After a long time more men come in the house but they aren't the bad man. These men look sad. They take a white blanket and put it over Mommy, they must know she liked blankets when she naps. "Honey, I'm a police officer. You wanna come with me?" He asked holding out his hand.

I don't wanna leave Mommy, I start to cry until he picks me up and takes me away from Mommy. I never saw her again.
________________________________
"Shiloh...Shiloh. Wake up" I hear my name, it's Miss. Krystal. I like Miss. Krystal, She is always so nice to me and sneaks me candy when the other kids aren't looking. But when I wake up from my nap, my bed is wet. I went pee in the bed again, I hate when I do it, it's so embarrassing. The other kids make fun of me all the time.

"It's okay Shiloh, lets get you a quick bath." She says when she sees me upset about wetting the bed. "After your bath I have a surprise for you." She smiles. As Miss. Krystal helps me take a bath she tells me that I am going with a new family today. I'm really nervous. Any family I stay with never wants to keep me. I hear words like damaged, crazy, or too much work. It's always the same, they take me right back here and all the other kids laugh at me. They say no family will ever want me.

Miss. Krystal helps me pack the little clothes I have, my favorite blanket, and stuffed Koala Bear named Rizzo. It's the only thing I have left that Mommy gave me, I take him everywhere. Miss Krystal has sewed his broken ear back on so many times because the other kids like to take him and toss him around making me cry.

My tummy is doing flip flops as we walk out of the room. I hope this new family likes me, I hope I don't mess it up and make them not like me. "Sit right here honey, I'll be right back." Miss. Krystal tells me pointing to a bench in the dayroom.

As I wait, Samuel comes up to me. He's one of the older kids and I don't like him very much, he's always really mean to me. He's one of the kids that's always stealing Rizzo. "Oh hey look it's the baby. Hi baby." Samuel says to me kicking my stuff over.

"Leave me alone Samuel." I say getting up to pick all my stuff up off the ground.

"Heard you're going to a new home today. That's not gonna last long." Samuel laughs at me. "I say you're back before Friday this time!"

"Shut up!" I yell back at him. Miss. Krystal says I shouldn't use bad words like that but Samuel makes me so mad. He's the reason all the other kids don't like me here, he's the biggest kid here and tells the others to be mean to me.

"Awe look...is the baby gonna cry?!" He whines at me, "Poor baby!" He then reaches down and grabs Rizzo, "Carrying around this nasty old thing, it belongs in the trash!" He teased then walks over the trash can holding it up high so I can't reach it.

"Give that back!" I scream. I start crying even more thinking of Rizzo going in the trash. "Give me back my bear!"

"Hey!" A loud voice says. I turn around and see a tall man with dark hair standing there. "What you picking on a little girl for?!" He yells. Samuel drops Rizzo and the man picks him up handing him back to me. "This belong to you?" He asked kneeling down next to me.

I'm shy so I don't talk but I nod my head taking Rizzo back. "Looks like a cool little guy, better hold onto him tight." He smiled. Then the man turns back to Samuel, "You're a lot older than her, you should think about being a lot nicer instead of being a little jerk."

Samuel walks away not saying anything else to me. The man smiles at me and tells me not to let him or anyone else push me around. He seems nice but I'm still nervous around him, I am around most men. He looks like someone I've seen before, I think he knows Skylar.

Skylar is my friend and she's really nice. She has really pretty pink shoes and played with me in the sandbox before.