Chapter 13.

I stir awake, stretching on my bed.

My hand makes contact with the cold, an empty side. Opening my eyes, it's confirmed that there's no one else but me. He must have gone in the early morning, well, I don't have to worry about my brother finding him in here, because it would have been a very loud morning, with Aiden yelling and wanting to get his hands on Wesley.

I wouldn't want my brother to get the wrong idea, Wesley and I are just friends, who happen to have kissed more than once. I totally blame it on exhaustion, for the other two kisses.

I try not think of the last one, there was no rush, no force, but just us kissing. No words could really explain why we let it happen, it just did. Neither one of us seemed to have an after shock or regret, we simply kept silent and went to sleep.

One may think I'd be embarrassed or would be blushing like any other teen, but I'm not. I guess I'm not normal then.

I feel fine with no expectation or dwelling on what happened, because that's it, it just happened, I can't change it.

Getting out of bed, I head over to the bathroom for my morning routine.

I must be dreaming.

That's the first thought that comes into mind, when I see none other than Wesley, in the kitchen, seated on the bar stool and drinking tea if I'm correct, while Aiden is busy cooking on the stove.

I haven't moved from the doorway for maybe two minutes or so, just looking at them. They look so normal, there's no sign of physical harm on either of them and I didn't hear anything crash.

' I might have jolted awake by then,' I remind myself.

This means that Aiden knows that Wesley spent the night here, in my room, and I'm about to get it from him.

Damn you Wesley, if he caught you sneaking out through the door.

" So, how long are you planning on standing there?" I blink, staring at my brother, who's now looking at me.

He doesn't look angry.

I'd rather see anger, at least I'd know what I'm getting myself into.

" Come on, breakfast is ready, " he says, turning back to the stove.

I'm on edge, I don't know what to expect, he's not giving anything away.

I enter into the kitchen and walk over to sit next to Wesley, who's now looking at me.

I give him a questionable look, wondering why he's still here.

" Good morning to you too, " he says, drinking his tea.

I narrow my eyes at him, while he tries to hide his smirk behind his mug.

" Breakfast is served." Aiden says, handing me a plate full of food.

I watch with careful eyes as he gives Wesley too, who thanks him and starts digging into his food.

Okay, the silence is killing me.

" Spit it out, because I know it's eating at you." Aiden says, settling down on the opposite side.

" Okay, what's going on here? Why  haven't you tried killing him yet?..... I didn't even hear a crash or something break."

" Oh, I will, I just need to know if he touched you or not?"

" I thought I spoke for the both of us," Wesley speaks up for the first time.

" What do you mean touch me? I don't understand, please explain." I look at him innocently.

" You know what I mean." Aiden sighs.

" Actually I don't, if you mean hold my hand, then yes." I say, continuing eating.

" Chloe, don't act dumb, I mean ---------"

" He means, did we have sex?" Wesley says and our heads snap in his direction.

He shrugs his shoulders.

" Oh, you mean like how he dreams of jumping Ingrid's bones? Oh no, we didn't. " I shake my head.

" I do not!" Aiden almost shrieks, taken aback.

I smirk while Wesley snickers.

" Ha ha, very funny." Aiden rolls his eyes. " Now, where was I?"

" Oh, you were about to give us the bees and birds talk."

Aiden's ears turn pink.

This topic can get pretty awkward for Aiden, he literally tries avoid it. It's hilarious when he tries to explain.

" Weren't you going to demonstrate ?" Wesley says and looking at him, I see a glint in his eyes.

Ooh he caught on fast.

" Uh, I ----------"

" You can just use this banana." I lean over to pick up a banana in the middle of the fruit bowl, but he smacks my hand away.

" Okay, enough you two." He rises to his feet, placing both palms on the counter.

" What happened, I was just getting ready to learn ----------"

" Yeah, the birds and the bees. Let's get serious for a moment, okay?"

I sit upright, putting the teasing on hold.

" I might have killed your friend, if it weren't for him telling me that you had a nightmare."

Darn it, I don't want to get into this.

" Chloe, you know I don't like the idea of you letting guys in your room ----------" I open my mouth to speak but he continues, " but this was the first time and I hope this will be the last. Now with this friendship, I can't stand in the way and I don't intend on doing so." He turns to Wesley.

" I hope your intentions with my sister are as good as you said earlier. A friendship, that's all, and nothing more. Are we clear?" He gives us his most intimidating look yet.

Both Wesley and I nod vigorously.

" Good, and one more thing, no inappropriate touching, Wesley is welcome here anytime." I arch my brow at him.

The telephone starts ringing, now interrupting him.

" Don't make me regret this, " he warns, pointing at us just as he walks over to answer the telephone.

We are left in silence, none of us having anything to say.

" I should go." Wesley speaks up.

I turn to face him as he rises to his feet. " What did you say to him? He didn't kill you."

" Well, he did have his hands on my neck for a moment, if that counts."

" You never answered my question. "

" And I'm never going to, it's between your brother and me. "

" Since when do you keep things from me?" Okay, that didn't sound right.

" What I meant was ----------"

" I know what you meant, " he says, stepping close, his hands resting on either side of me, now caging me in.

" So, is that it? You won't tell me?"

" Nope, " he says, popping the p.

Looking into his eyes, I see that he isn't intending on telling me anything.

" Okay, don't tell me then." I cross my arms, shrugging my shoulders.

His own eyes narrow, looking suspicious. " So, you won't ask anymore?"

" I won't. "

" Why don't I trust you on this?"

I lean close, leaving some space between us. " Well, that's up to you, take me as I am,  Adams. " I say, pushing him back and getting off the chair, before I leave him standing there.