Chapter 7: Miserable Chen Yuan

“May I ask if the Ghost Doctor is here?” Zhuang Hao faced Qi Heng as he asked.

“Young Master is currently busy, whatever matter it is that you have, you can first tell me,” Qi Heng said as he came out to greet them.

“Currently busy? What is he busy with?” Chen Yuan asked.

“Young Master is currently cutting out double eyelids for someone,” Qi Heng answered.

Chen Yuan gave a sarcastic smile, “It seems he really is busy ah! He just arrived in the capital yet has already received so much business.”

Qi Heng nodded in agreement and said, “Of course, Young Master often said, time equals money, even a minute or a second cannot be wasted. Wasting your time means wasting your life. Not everyone is the same as Young Master Chen who is so idle, idle enough to even have time to go cancel an engagement for a friend.”

Chen Yuan, “……”

Qi Heng turned to look at Zhuang Hao and asked, “Young Master Zhuang, have you signed the agreement yet?”

Zhuang Hao nodded his head, “Signed.”

Qi Heng took the agreement paper to check it over once and said, “Young Master Zhuang really passes like thunder and move like the wind . It has only been two days, I originally thought you would dilly-dally about for an even longer time.”

“The longer the delay, the greater the risk, wasn’t it?” said Zhuang Hao.

Qi Heng nodded, “That is indeed true. However, the average person still wouldn’t have been able to make up their mind so fast.”

“Please wait a moment, I will go see how Young Master’s operation is coming along,” Qi Heng turned to enter the operation room with the agreement paper.

Chen Yuan wrinkled his nose and pouted, “Why do I feel like this servant of the Ghost Doctor is somewhat hostile to me ah!”

Zhuang Hao looked at Chen Yuan and slightly frowned, “Chen ge , you’re probably thinking too much.”

Chen Yuan narrowed his eyes, was it really that he’s thinking too much? The other clearly saw him as an eyesore!

When Qi Shaorong’s identity
changed to the Ghost Doctor, Qi Hang also wore a mask along with him. Chen Yuan would have never thought that Qi Heng was the servant that was by Qi Shaorong’s side, accompanying him in echoing one after another to make him lose his face that day when he went to cancel the engagement.

Qi Shaorong walked out of the
operation room and greeted them, “Young Master Zhuang came.”

“The agreement is all prepared?”

“It’s here,” Qi Heng handed over the agreement paper.

Qi Shaorong quickly checked it and said, “Not bad. Young Master Zhuang, one more thing. I want to remind you that the cost for everything used during the operation will be paid by you.”

Zhuang Qian who was fully curious asked, “Can I ask something? What is the cost for in this operation?”

“Oh, this cost is quite big. Young Master Qian, You should know that there’s a need to use anesthetic in order to reduce the patient’s pain in the beginning of the operation. For most people, it won’t take much to get them dizzy but for stronger people, it will require more to reel them off,” explained Qi Shaorong.

Zhuang Qian nodded at the explanation and said, “So it’s like that!”

“I will have to trouble you, Ghost Doctor. As long as you can cure my Third Uncle, money is not a problem,” said Zhuang Hao.

“Young Master Zhuang, do you know that there were many customers who would say that? But in the end, the amount of those who went back on their words wasn’t small so I don’t go by putting it on the tab here. However, please rest assured Young Master Zhuang……I absolutely believe in your integrity, after all, you’re the top of the Seven Imperial Talents ah! Definitely different from those at the bottom, I absolutely have faith in your character,” said Qi Shaorong.

Chen Yuan pursed his lips as he looked at Qi Shaorong then took a deep breath and said, “My apologies, Ghost Doctor
qianbei , could it be that I have offended you somewhere?”

“Of course not, you should know, we’ve never met before,” Qi Shaorong said carelessly without thinking.

“I really haven’t?” Chen Yuan asked doubtedly.

“I lied. In fact, Qi Shaorong and I are very , very , very intimate close friends,” Qi Shaorong casually threw out.

Chen Yuan, “……”

Zhuang Hao slightly creased his brows and said, “My apologies, I have offended your friend. Actually, it was my mother who wanted to cancel the engagement, by the time I knew about it, the marriage has already been withdrawn.”

“Don’t worry about it, I’m an ethical doctor with personal integrity. I’m not someone who will abuse my position and power to avenge a personal grudge just because of you backing out of my friend’s marriage. Besides, Shaorong is a devastating beauty that’s capable of causing the downfall of a city, and also exceedingly intelligent. He can find someone even better, but, Young Master Zhuang, you’re also very handsome. If Shaorong ever meets you, he would definitely regretted that he didn’t eat you first before canceling it,” Qi Shaorong tilted his head as he sighed with regret.

Zhuang Hao, “……”

Zhuang Qian was somewhat curious, “Ghost Doctor qianbei , is Qi Shaorong really such a devastating beauty that can cause the downfall of a city?”

“Of course, outruns your brother by a few miles too.” Qi Shaorong turned to give Zhuang Hao a somewhat apologetic smile and said, “My apologies, I mean no offense.”

Zhuang Hao replied, “It’s nothing, I do not mind…”

Chen Yuan sucked in his breath and while holding his forehead with his hand, asked, “My apologies, but Ghost Doctor qianbei , have you really met Qi Shaorong before?”

“I’ve already said that we are good friends, of course I’ve met him,” Qi Shaorong said seriously with a straight face.

Chen Yuan was at a lost with this and asked again, “You really think that he is a devastating beauty that can cause the downfall of a city?”

Qi Shaorong unhappily eyed Chen Yuan, “What, are you questioning my sense of beauty?”

Chen Yuan, “No, not at all…”

“You better not,” Qi Shaorong harrumphed.

Chen Yuan, “……”

“Since you guys aren’t going to regret it, let’s go,” said Qi Shaorong.

Chen Yuan looked at Qi Shaorong’s back and frowned, “I just told you, I felt hostility coming from this guy and it turns out that he really does have something against me. For him to look at me with so much obvious displeasure, the relationship between him and Qi Shaorong must be really good ah!”

Zhuang Qian looked at Chen Yuan and asked, “Chen ge , exactly what does Qi Shaorong looks like in the end!”

“Appalling,” answered Chen Yuan.

“You’re not purposely lying to me right?” Zhuang Hao said suspiciously.

“You don’t believe me?” Chen Yuan asked.

Zhuang Hao shrugged and replied, “The Ghost Doctor qianbei is frank and straightforward, he doesn’t seem like someone who would lie.”

Chen Yuan, “……” The Ghost Doctor doesn’t seem like someone who would lie, then could it be that he seems like a liar who would continuously spout out lies?

~~~~~

Passes like thunder and move like the wind – Swift and decisive