(Vinod D'seuza 👆 )

"You...you seem familiar for some reason." Shramishtha tried to think of where she might have met him.

Vinod smiled. "Think harder ma'am. It will come to you."

Shramishtha's eyes widened as she realized who he was. "You're Ragini's uncle!"

"Her uncle?!"

"Yes Swara. He's the one who came to me and told me about Ragini being the last of the Prataps. And also, that was why she was the target."

"I see." Swara nodded. "Wait! Samay and Nikhil....you said they're your nephews?" came out of Swara's mouth in confusion.

'Well, guess the cat's out the bag.' Nikhil sighed in defeat and turned to Swara. "Hello Swara. Let me introduce myself properly." he straightened up with a serious look. "I'm Nikhil. Nikhil Pratap."

"And I'm Samay Pratap. His older brother." Samay spoke with an equally serious look.

Swara and Shramishtha couldn't stop the gasps that escaped them. "But...but you said Ragini Di was the only Pratap heir left."

"She is. She is the daughter of Vishal Pratap and Shikha Pratap."

"Then what about these two? Then they aren't Prataps?" asked Shramishtha, still in shock.

"They are." Vinod answered with a chuckle, seeing their confusion.

"We're not their own sons." Samay explained. "A doctor told them after a year of marriage that Shikha Maa may not be able to have kids. So, we were adopted by them. However, over time, with proper treatment, Shikha Maa was able to give birth to a beautiful girl child. She is our Ragini." Nikhil spoke with a smile. He seemed genuinely happy while calling Ragini his sister.

Samay nodded. "We may be adopted, but both Vishal Baba and Shikha Maa never made us feel less loved. They would argue with anyone who dared to call me and Nikhil adopted, or as anything other than Prataps."

"That still doesn't explain why you two lied to us and created this entire drama of being our cousins!" accused Swara. Now that things were getting clear, she understood that Samay and Nikhil were only pretending to be their cousins.

"Patience balika, patience."

"Don't joke as if I've already forgiven you Nikhil!"

"Wow! If you shout with such force, I might get blown away to America."

"Brat, stop joking and let your brother explain." Vinod gritted out as he glared at him.

"I'll explain from the beginning. As I was saying, we were adopted by Vijay and Shikha. Baba was a computer genius and seeing our curiosity, he taught us everything he could. It is he who told us about a project he was working on with two other friends of his. We were too small to remember their names." Samay took out a picture from Vinod's file and kept it on the table. "Baba told us that this chip would be able to hack into any security no matter how complicated or unbreakable it was. It was his masterpiece! I still remember how happy he was the day he told us that he and his friends finally made it!" Samay smiled, remembering his adoptive father's face.