Richie | Spilt Secrets

my bb <3

It was a Saturday morning and I was out with my friends. The losers. That's what we called ourselves, 'the losers club' and that's what everyone referred to us. We all decided to go to the arcade, obviously Richie making that suggestion. I met up with Richie beforehand and then proceeded to meet up with the others. We have always been best friends and have lived opposite each other for as long as we can remember.

Oh but Richie is so pretty and he's a softie on his own. He makes his jokes to make himself feel better. A way to make himself feel happy even though he isn't. I really feel bad for him. His parents are dicks. Im not falling for my best friend am I?
Fuck sake puberty and these weird feelings I get.

"I'm so beating your score Richie!" I exclaimed as I beat the buttons to street fighter unknowingly. I don't really know what I'm doing. 'Oh yeah, like to see you try!' He chuckles back at my comment. I could feel him examining my every move behind me.

"When are we going to get milkshakes?" Stan asks bored in the corner. 'Shut up Stan I'm concentrating!' I shouted back. Richie laughed, "Yeah, go kiss bill or something we're busy watching y/n fail!" Rude but okay.

"Fuck off Richie we all know you've had a crush on y/n since 4th grade!" He shut up. He actually shut up. What the hell is happening? Was Stan stating facts? What the hell? Um..

I froze and 'game over' appeared on the screen. It's like time stopped. Richie always makes fun of Stan and Bill, I guess Stan has had enough of it. I think he might have said something he completely regrets. I look behind me at Richie, red faced and peering at the floor. So I look over at Stan, wide eyed. I then look over at our friends, all stood together not really knowing what to say. Everyone was just, still. It was like this for a while until I suddenly heard a voice. It was bill.

"Ri-Richie, you know Stan di-" he said in a weak voice and reached out his hand to place on Richie's shoulder but he completely ignored it and walked out of the arcade full of memories. I looked at bill who looked at Stan with sympathy. Bev told me I should go after Richie. I said sorry and bye to everyone and left.

So I went looking for him and it took a while until I found him sat on the pavement outside of his house. I got off of my bike and layed it on the ground and walked up to him and sat down right beside him. I decided to do something. I took his hand in mine and held it gently. Doing this made him look up from his gaze at the ground and instead to my face. I looked at his tear stained cheeks and through his glasses which made his brown eyes look large. He was about to say something and I stopped him. We both looked to each other's plump lips in desire.

Then it happened. The long awaited kiss. I do love him. After all of these years, I now know that Richie is the one for me. I know it sounds stupid, we're only young and I am calling a boy 'the one'. But I really do feel that way. Like all of this was meant to happen.

We pulled apart and took a breath. He told me what Stan said was true and he was angry and disappointed that I had to hear it through Stan and not himself. This is what I mean, I told you he was a softie! Okay, sometimes when we're alone he may occasionally say the dirty joke but.. he's still a softie.

We then kissed a second time and I asked him if he wanted to catch up with the others and finally get a milkshake. He just nodded so I sat up and took his hand. We linked hands and left our bikes because we live there anyways so why the heck not walk to the diner with your hands intertwined with your new boyfriend? ;)