Chapter 5: Dare to take away my smile?

After having a hearty breakfast, Ira drove to the company. It was a 20-minute ride. Vivan wished to encourage her there, but Ira refused. Both of their offices were on the opposite side of each other. Hence, Vivan exchanged his car with her.

A comfortable Black Bentley came into her view as Vivan drove it and parked in front of her. Then she saw Vivan walked down from the driver's seat. Vivan looked at her and said with a warm smile "Come here."

Ira walked towards the driver's seat. Vivan opened the door and took her hand in his, helping her sit.

Vivan's series of actions flattered Ira. They were perfect like a gentleman.

------

Lu Pharmaceutical Company.

Ira looked at the man inside his office through the transparent glass. It has been seven years since she saw him. He died a year after her divorce.

She missed him a lot.

'My dad was a man of few words, a quiet and traditional man. Yet, he was unconventional towards me; I was his little princess.'

Her dad was her role model and her hero. Being a daddy's girl, he was her armor and support.

Without him, she didn't hold any desires for success.

Ira wanted to make her dad feel proud of her. That being the motivation for her to strive hard, she took over his business.

'I tried to live my life like him, picking up his habits, and his beliefs. I never carried his spirit and his caring attitude toward his family.'

she wore a self-deprecating smile.

Hans Luis, a self-made man, built the entire business of Lu Pharmaceuticals from scratch.

Ira was the proud daughter of an excellent father.

The past was still invading her spirits. She kept the negative thoughts aside then she wiped her tears. She wore a warm and cheerful smile, reserved only for her dad, then entered his cabin in high spirits.

"Dad! You look especially handsome today with your black hair with white strips. The fake gold tinted frame spectacles add more charm to your look." Ira said.

"But, dad, this time, your beard is not dyedproperly! I can't see any white hair." She laughed.

"Shhh! Girl! These business secrets are not to be spoken out loud. What do you know? Such things gave a more oppressive and mature feeling." He explained.

"Ha! A dad who dyes their hair white to look old? Also, isn't your vision just fine?"

"Girl, your dad does, any problem?" Luis made a long face and declared. Making a long face, he announced.

"No, Boss!" Ira admitted.

Hans Luis looked serious. " I heard you were sick yesterday and went home early. Are you okay?"

Without any warning, Ira hugged him.

"What happened to this girl now? Hmph! Utterlyno respect to the boss. We are in the office!"

Though his words expressed vexation, his lovely smile couldn't hide his excitement.

Since Ira's marriage, she distanced herself from her father. She built an invisible wall between them.

Hans Luis never forced things on her; he even spoiled her. Nonetheless, the marriage was forced on her, regardless of her opinion. He accepted her hard feelings to him.

Now, he was overwhelmed with emotions.

Ira gripped him more tight.

"Dad, you will be a grandpa soon," she said in a faint tone, still in his arms.

The excited Dad lost his composure and hugged Ira tight. She cried, "You're squeezing me, dad!"

When he let Ira go, Luis jumped up, "Haha! I will be a Grandpa soon!" His shoulder trembled with laughter.

The entire day, everybody saw the cold tyrant's face, well known for his temper, pasted with a smile. It was as sweet as honey. Some even saw him laughing by himself like a madman.

Even when people were late for meetings, he smiled.

When they lost a big contract, he smiled.

The floor was slippery, he slipped, got up and smiled.

Someone broke his favorite expensive imported vase; he smiled.

On the way home, a bird pooped on his head; he smiled.

Oh! Besides, It is good luck.

'Anyone dares to take away my smile. Hmph! I will never let them!'

--

'What's wrong?? Does our CEO have a split personality?'

'Yaaa, personality disorder.'

'Maybe he's bipolar.'

'Those who are polar opposites at times'

report this ad

'No, Schizo patients talk and laugh by themselves.'

The whole company discussed this severe issue about the kind of mental illness that their boss suffered.

'Maybe he got Alzheimer and forgot he is a boss,' said one of the brilliant employees.

'Hmph! I am not old. I, your father, just dyed a few hair whites!'

Even the market price of shares in the company dropped that day. A rumor spread in the market, the President got Alzheimer's.