Zagree Returns

The birds were chirping peacefully, it was a lovely day. The sun was shining and the air smelled of unicorns and rainbows-

Perci snorted, I wish.

Currently, she was standing in front of a ginormous army of the people of Aletha and a few ugly Zenonites. She had, on a whim, decided to announce her actual identity to all of them with her father being there and two new-found siblings. Along with the fact that she had just destroyed a large portion of the alien and monster army with her cool light magic which hadn't turned black as the Fates had given her permission.

And she even had the chance to insult Zagree, the alien boy she had beat during the competition set out for them by the roman, Corpse. Who knew whatever his real name was, not Perci at least.

Nico stared at her with a pale face, she didn't dare look at anyone else. Not at the Zenonites, not at her father, not at Miranda or Leo or Clarisse or anyone.

And Apollo. She thanked the fates for him, he carefully led her through the hushed crowds. Face impassive.

Perci could feel so many eyes on her. So many prying eyes. Her head was lifted high though and she walked with the grace of a goddess. Perci ignored the exhaustion that filled her bones from the light storm she had created. The enemy army seemed to move back the slightest, as if there commanders were regrouping. The standstill was deafening. 

She could feel her father's surprised stare, his shock.

Everyone's really.

But it was to be expected, for the majority of the people here. She was a story, a fairy-tale told so children would be brave. She was a legend. And to those who had knew her before, she was Perci. The young girl who had payed for too many sins that were not her own.

She passed by the Zenonites, eyes wide in shock as they look at the girl who had escaped their grasp over forty years ago. The only person, the only living being to truly escape their grasp so well they had no inclination whether she was even on the same planet.

Which she wasn't, but who cares?

Behind her, she could hear Nico call out, "I want everyone to be ready for the next attack! They may not attack immediately, but if they do, I do not want any of you to be surprised." And it was true, the monster and alien army had started to retreat slightly, going around 10 clicks away from Aletha, almost in the ruins of Zeno and making camp there.

Apollo led her to the main camp and she could feel the Alpha's and multiple old-timers and gods following, even a few Zenonites were brash and still held themselves on enough of a pedestal to believe they should be allowed in and that they had some type of importance and deserved to be in the meeting.

She felt so jittery, so nervous. So many things that Perci never had the chance to say, so many years missed out of the lives of the people she held so dearly. So much had changed in forty years.

They gathered in the main meeting tent, the silent was thick. Only the sound of shuffling and few coughs could be heard. To just name a few, Perci could see; Nico, Poseidon and her siblings, Leo, Miranda, the Stoll's, Artemis, Zeus, Athena, Andrew, Piper and Jason, Thalia, Hestia and so on.