Chapter 5

From the time I saw that guy till now I couldn't get him out of my head. There was something about him, like when i'm near him my senses would go off, it's unexplainable. I started thinking about him once again when something washed over me and I just felt really tired. I looked up at the clock and saw there was thirty minutes left in the day, so it was fine if I took a little rest. I didn't intend on falling asleep but as soon as my head hit the table, I fell off into the sweet darkness that called to me.

______________

An ear blasting noise snapped me out of my sleep, I screamed and fell out of my chair hitting my head hard. I was panting fast from the scare the noise gave me. I looked around and saw everybody laughing at me. I felt really weird, my mouth was dry and I was hungry. OH NO! This wasn't supposed to be happening, I had at least two days till feeding. I turned to face them, but weirdly enough I could only hear all of their heartbeats pounding loudly. They were rubbing it in my face, their blood passing through their veins..... teasing me. I snapped myself out of the thought of tasting them right here right now. I could really do some damage, hurting people around me or even worse killing them, because I knew either I take action or my hunger will.

"Mr. Donovan can I go to the bathroom", It was a last minute decision but for now it would help. The class suddenly went quit and I looked around confused.

"Hey Nikki", the guy next to me was suddenly speaking to me in a low voice. "Your eyes are wicked", I didn't really understand what he was talking about and I didn't really care either because he was a druggy, always hopped up on something different.

I turned back to the teacher and saw his eyes were wide with a mix of shock and awe. "Ye-yeah sure go on ahead", him stumbling on his words made me a bit nervous.

I quickly got up and ran out of the classroom. I started to feel the hunger coming out so I went towards the front door wanting to leave, but instead found myself heading in the opposite direction. What was I doing? I wanted to leave not run even farther into the school! I could hear kids walking in front of me so I went into the girl's bathroom at my right. I walked to the sink and looked into the mirror. I saw someone staring at me, so I turned around planning to tell them off. No one? I looked into the mirror and gasped in shock, the person staring at me was me. But the only difference were my eyes. They were enchanting and beautiful, I guess this is how they are when i'm craving blood. They were the darkest shade of blue you could imagine but at the same time the color seemed to pop out at you in this bright neon way. I quickly walked out of the bathroom looking for some place to hide for the rest of the day, when I smelled something. My nose quickly lifted into the air and took a whiff of a sweet smell. I followed the scent and bumped into some guy. I was going to hit him for distracting me from finding the scent, but I decided it wasn't as important than feeding myself. When I tried to find the smell again I found out it was coming from him. Oh this was going to be so easy since he was already hypnotized by my eyes. I was going to tackle him to the ground, but right when I jumped for it a strong pair of hands grabbed me around my waist. They had a tight hold on me pulling me back and leaving me hanging in the air with my limbs limp looking like a rag doll swaying back and forth.

"Sorry 'bout that", his voice sounded strangely familiar but all I was paying attention to was the guy in front of me still wanting to eat him. "You can leave now", he bit out, snapping the guy out of his trans. I suddenly got angry at him for letting my pray walk away without me having a taste of him first. Oh he was going to pay, but before I could do anything the guy put me down on the ground facing him.

"Ahh! It's you!" I new that voice sounded familiar, it was the guy who I elbowed in the gut this morning. "What are you doing here?" I wondered how he knew I was here and why he stopped me from eating. Then a wave of hunger hit me and I looked up at him.