The One Where Peter Misses the Trip

♡♡♡

Well, it had only been a matter of time until the Parker Luck caught up with him. Still, Peter hadn't exactly expected it to happen and blow up in this way. It wasn't fair that he wasn't allowed to go on the field trip. Well, he guessed it was a little unbelievable that the Tony Stark Rogers had signed his permission slip, but Pepper was busy with meetings, and Rhodey... He didn't even attempt that.

Besides, as far as the school knew, he was still living with May. Peter couldn't help but smile slightly. While May was not dead, she had thought it to be best that Peter had a more stable life, and while giving him up was hard, it was better for both of them in the long run.
May could pay for the bills on time, and the Avengers offered Peter protection and the ability to train.

And yes, May knew about the fact that he was Spiderman. While it had shocked her at first, she came to the conclusion that as long as he didn't die, he was fine. Tony would make sure that Peter wouldn't die, and woe between anyone who crossed Mister Steve Stark Rogers.

But enough of delaying the inevitable. We must continue with the Day That Peter Stark Rogers Missed the Field Trip.

♡♡♡

It had all started on a Monday morning. Of course it was a Monday. Everything goes wrong on Mondays. Even Steve agreed with him on that.

The thing is, on this particular Monday, it had started out so well.

Wade had been allowed into the tower for the first time in months. While the reason he was allowed in was not ideal (he was the only one able to stop Peter from going on patrol), it had helped Peter get some sleep.

He felt so much better that day, a full nights sleep was pretty refreshing.

He had managed to get up early enough to stop Tony and Wade setting the kitchen on fire with their god awful, half asleep cooking. Which Steve and Bucky where eternally grateful for.

He had gotten a full English breakfast (bacon, eggs, hash browns, mushrooms, black pudding and so on) so then his metabolism wasn't to much of a problem.

It all went downhill when he got to school.

Ned was sick, MJ was MJ, and Wade hadn't come in due to a mission given by S.H.E.I.L.D. Which sucked, by the way, because Peter was pretty much all alone.

Flash had been teasing him every so often, and whenever it got to far, MJ would step in to defend her 'loser friend'.

Finally, final period. Science. They would be getting a special announcement and the test results back.

Flash wouldn't stop bragging about how he was going to get full marks. Of course, this was not the case. Flash had barely studied for this test and it showed. He had less than half of the marks. He then fell about grumbling about a 'recount' and how it wasn't fair because the teacher was 'biased'.

Peter, of course, got full marks. Mainly because he had studied his buns off with the help of Tony and Bruce. Was it cheating? Technically no, as they where allowed to ask for help, and Peter did do nearly all of it. He just got the two to test him.

But, he could still feel Flash's eyes burning holes into the back of his head. Kind of weird, if you asked him.

Ten minutes before the end of the lesson, Mrs Smith clapped her hands.