13..

It had been a few months since Essence and Black were simply talking and getting to enjoy each others company. Since Black took care of Abdul, Essence was free to do as she pleased and roam around without worrying about a hit on her head. She was getting back on her feet with working as she always wanted at a day care center. Black was taking care of his normal day to day with Ace and Kory.

"Nah man, I'm cool on that I'm about to pick my lady up." Black declined the offer to go out with Kory and Ace, giving a handshake while Kory eyed him.

"You better take care of my sister man." Kory pointed at him while raising his eyebrow at him.

"I'm serious man. She been threw a lot. Just take care of her." Kory released a breath. He trusted Black enough to let him date his sister. Not like Black was going to stay from her anyway.

"I got you lil' bruh, I'll see yaw." Black nodded towards them while walking to his car and getting in, pulling out and making his way to the day care center to pick up his girl.

Essence

Essence let out a breathe of frustration and running my fingers threw her newly done pink hair decorated with curls everywhere

Essence let out a breathe of frustration and running my fingers threw her newly done pink hair decorated with curls everywhere. She wanted to try something new.

Feeling a small finger poking at her leg vigorously, She looked down to see one of her favorite kids at the center.

Baby Jay.

He was a cute little darkskin baby with a head full of hair. Although his mother always dropped him off with his hair done, he managed to play so rough alone that he always walked away with his head a mess. And right now his head was a mess.

"What's wrong Jay?" Essence cooed while picking him up placing him on my hip.

"I'm hungry Ms.Espence.."

She simply laughed at him still not being able to pronounce her name before waking over to the desk and grabbing the Apple she was saving for later on her desk and handing it to him.

"Do you know what time your mom will be able to pick you up, Jay?" She furrowed her eyebrows together noticing all the other children were already picked up. His mother was usually late but never this late.

Shaking his head no while looking up at Essence with his innocent eyes while he took small bites from the apple before she set him down and going to her desk to look for his mother's number to contact her.

"Look at little Ms.Business woman."

Looking up and seeing Ja'Colby-Black standing by the door with his hands in his pockets. She got in the habit of calling him by his real name. It was adorable to her. She smiled while walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his neck placing a quick peck on his lips.