Chapter Seventeen

The stylist finished Zoe's hair and make up and then helped Zoe into her dress. She stood back and looked at herself in the mirror and felt unrecognisable.

"Are you happy with everything?" The stylist asked.

"Very happy, thank you so much" Zoe replied. The stylist packed up all her equipment and then left the room leaving Zoe alone. She picked up the clutch bag off her bedside table to match her dress and headed for the door. She could hear Richard at the front door saying goodbye to her stylist and his own who had both been helping to get them ready for the premiere. Zoe carefully made her way downstairs to meet him trying not to fall in her heels. She kept her head down watching her feet and didn't notice Richard watching her his mouth open. As she reached the bottom of the stairs she looked up.

"Wow Zoe you look beautiful" Richard said taking in his girlfriends appearance.

"You look very handsome yourself" Zoe replied blushing slightly as she looked at Richard in his navy suit.

Richard wrapped his arms around Zoe's waist and looked into her eyes.

"I am so lucky to have you" he said.

"No I am the lucky one, believe me" Zoe replied. Richard leaned over for a kiss but was interrupted by a knock on the door. It was their driver. They both left their house and climbed into the back seats of the car and made their way through London to Leicester Square.

As the car pulled up at the end of the red carpet Zoe looked out at the crowds waiting for them.

"Wow there are so many people out there" Zoe said turning to look at Richard.

"Everything will be fine, I will be there every step of the way" Richard replied.

As the car door opened the screams from the fans hit them. Richard climbed out the car and then reached back in offering Zoe his hand for assistance. Zoe gratefully took it trying her best not to trip in her heels as she stood up.

Richard immediately stepped forward towards the crowds of fans and began signing autographs and taking selfies with them whilst Zoe stood back and watched. This was like a totally different world to her.

Zoe caught a glance of Rose and Kit further up the red carpet and gave them a wave. Rose mouthed back "You look gorgeous, we'll meet you inside" and Zoe nodded.

"Nobody know you either?" A voice asked from behind her

"Nobody know you either?" A voice asked from behind her. Zoe turned to see Oliver smiling at her. "I'm the same, nobody ever wants the composers autograph." Zoe laughed with Oliver.

"I just never expected it to be so intense" Zoe replied.

"Just wait till you reach the bank of paparazzi, that is the worse. All those flashes constantly going off" Oliver said pulling his face.

"I can imagine" Zoe laughed.

"You look amazing by the way" Oliver said taking in her appearance.

"Thank you, I still can't believe all this is happening" Zoe replied.

Once Richard had finished with the fans he walked over and joined Zoe and Oliver.

"You ready for the paps?" Richard asked.

"As I'll ever be" Zoe replied.

They both stepped forward and the flashes started. It was all a bit of a blur and luckily for Zoe she only had to stay for a few at Richard's side before she could step away so Richard could have some solo shots before then being joined by some of his co-stars.

"You must be Zoe" asked a male voice from behind her. Zoe turned to see herself facing Tom Hiddleston.

"Yes I am and you are Tom" Zoe replied a little star struck

"Yes I am and you are Tom" Zoe replied a little star struck. She had recently been catching up on the Marvel films she had missed over the last ten years and Loki was becoming one of her favourite characters.

"It's lovely to meet you finally. Richard hasn't shut up about you during all the promotion for Beyond." Tom replied.

"Now that's embarrassing" Zoe replied feeling herself going red.

"No it's not he just cares for you very much" Tom replied "Anyway you enjoy your evening and congratulations on Glow. You have done an amazing job with that song."

Once Richard was done with the press and paparazzi he rejoined Zoe and they both walked into the cinema together.

Inside the cinema Richard introduced Zoe to more of his co-stars and Michael came over to say hello. They all then went and took their seats in the cinema and Zoe was seated between Richard and Kit with Rose and Richard's parents on the other side of Rose. Once everyone was seated Richard, Tom, Michael and the rest of the cast walked to the front to welcome everyone and to introduce the film.

As Zoe watched the film Zoe couldn't help but feel proud of Richard and as she heard short bursts of the instrumental version of Glow at various intervals she had to pinch herself a few times. It was when the end credits began she then heard her voice projected from the speakers and she looked at Richard who was smiling.

"Wow" Zoe mouthed.

As the end credits ran nobody moved from their seats which Zoe wondered if this was normal for a premiere but then Zoe noticed Richard, Kit and Rose all staring around in disbelief. As her song came to an end an applause erupted from the audience. Zoe noticed Michael took this as a chance to run to the front of the stage.

"Thank you for that, may I take this opportunity to introduce you all to that beautiful voice. I present Miss Zoe Dillon."

Zoe looked at Richard who was moving out of his seat to allow Zoe to pass.

"Come on this is your moment" he encouraged.

Zoe stood up and trying her best not to trip made her way to the front  to join Michael.

"Zoe will be very unknown to you all right now but I assure you she won't be for long. It was Richard Madden who showed us her talent one day only a couple of months ago. We had really been struggling to find the right voice and at the very last minute we met Zoe and we are so fortunate to have her talent in our movie. Thank you so much Zoe for being a part of this."

"Thank you Michael for giving me the chance" Zoe replied.

The audience applauded again and then slowly began to vacate the cinema. Zoe returned to Richard, Kit and Rose and said.

"This has just been such a surreal experience."