[11] Denial

"Magnus, something feels off

"Magnus, something feels off." Myrcella commented after they got out of the portal. 

"I know cupcake, I feel it too." Magnus replied as he started looking around. Myrcella started doing a scan with her magic and realized the protective wards were off. She was about to warn her best friend when her thoughts were interrupted by screams which made her blood freeze. Valentine's men had found them. 

"Myrcella! I'll deal with the Circle members, you get everyone to safety." Magnus called out and she nodded. 

She knew at times like these, there was no place for arguing. The young girl started looking around only to realize the remaining warlocks were murdered in cold blood, hoping that the rest were already in hiding. She fought back tears as she bent down to close their eyes. 

"I'll avenge you. All of you." Myrcella whispered as she got up. She knew Valentine had to be stopped. 

"Myrcella Fairchild! Your father would be delighted to see you alive and well." A man said entering the room. She turned around to face the Circle member. He had a seraph blade in his hands and a sinister look on his face. 

"Yeah? We'll see about that." She smirked and her eyes turned emerald as she formed flames around her hand, slowly walking towards him. 

"But how?" The guy got confused not knowing how this was possible. They were only told that Valentine's daughter had survived and was alive.

"Too bad you're not going to last long enough to find out." She replied and set him on fire making him scream and die in seconds. She huffed and ran towards the main room where she could hear Magnus fighting off the last Circle member left there. 

"Cat's eyes would make a nice addition to my collection." She heard the Circle member say which angered Myrcella beyond reason, thinking someone harming Magnus like that. 

"How about two emeralds?" She asked as she walked in, her eyes out, arms engulfed in green flames. 

The circle member turned around to make a slash at her but he was shot in the leg by an arrow. Myrcella looked behind Magnus to see Alec standing in the doorway. When everyone was distracted, the high warlock took the opportunity to strike down the circle member and he was out cold. However, seeing Alec angered the half warlock even more so she crouched down next to the traitor and woke him up with her magic. 

"I want you to remember you died because you chose to team up with Valentine." She said calmly and touched his arm, only to set him on fire like the other one. 

"Myrcella." Magnus winced as he heard the Circle member scream. It had been a long time since he last saw the young girl lose control of her anger. 

"He deserved it." She just shrugged it off and extinguished the flames.

"Well done." Alec commented with a smile which Magnus returned but Myrcella just rolled her eyes.