Nice to Meet You (Chapter 1, Part 1)

01001110 01100101 01110111 00100000 01010000 01110010 01101111 01100111 01110010 01100001 01101101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01101100 01101001 01101110 01100101 

The school bell finally rung. All the students quickly picked up their books and left the classroom. Morty walked over to his locker to put his books and notebooks away. Talking could be heard to his right so he looked over at Jessica talking with her friends and their teacher. After closing the locker, he started walking over to them, but was stopped when a green portal opened and Rick walked out, forcefully grabbing him by his shoulders.

"Morty, you gotta help me... there's a few things – I need to handle in the Andromeda galaxy. We gotta go there and we gotta- " Rick started speaking, but was soon interrupted.

"Rick!" Morty took a step back and removed Rick's hands from his shoulders, "L- let me go to school sometimes, I- gotta be a teenager sometimes, I don't wanna do these adventures all the time... they're – they're stressful, you know?"

"Listen to me Morty – this is very important – and we gotta... we gotta..." Rick's gaze was suddenly drawn to something at the end of the hallway, he couldn't look away. He was awe struck. There was a strange feeling in his chest, one that he couldn't shake off. 

"Rick?" Morty tried to figure out what his grandfather was looking at.

"Morty..."

"What?"

"Who – who's that over there? Talking... to your friend Jessica?"

"That's Miss Y/LN, our teacher. Why are you asking?"

Rick stood up, his eyes still glued to her, "Just wondering..." he slowly started walking down the hall, trying to look as casual as possible. "C'mon, Morty, follow me."

-

You had just finished talking to Jessica, she had a few questions about the following project, when a tall, slim man came up to you with Morty, your student, by his side.

"Hi Morty," you smiled sweetly at him then turned your attention to the older man, "And you must be..."

"Rick Sanchez," he offered a handshake, you took it without hesitation, "I'm Morty's grandfather."

"Y/N Y/LN, I'm Morty's teacher. Say, Mr. Sanchez, you wouldn't by any chance know why Morty has been missing a lot of my classes lately?" you addressed.

"Please, call me Rick and... no, I had no idea!" he turned to his grandson, "Morty, why are you missing school? Do you know how important your education is??" Morty just looked at him in anger and disbelief.

"Really?" you raised an eyebrow, "Because I've heard from the principal that you're the one picking him up from school all the time."

"Oh... uh, well... I can promise you," he placed his hand on Morty's shoulder, "that he won't miss any more of your classes!"

"Oh yeah?" you smiled.

"Yeah, I'll make sure of that... in fact I'll drive him to school."

"Well, I'm happy to hear that." The bell rung once again and all the students rushed back to their classrooms. "I have to go. It was nice meeting you, Rick." You smiled sweetly and walked to your class.

Rick watched you leave with a smirk on his face, "Morty, you never told me you had such a hot teacher."

"Rick! I don't want you to flirt with miss Y/LN! She's one of the few good teachers in this school and I don't want you to break her heart or kill her or something!" Morty yelled, gesturing with his arms. 

"Morty, just shut up and help me with this adventure. Will ya?" 

"Fine." A portal opened and they both walked in.