thirty two

zayn was currently at liam's house. the both of them were sitting on the couch, watching family guy. well– zayn was. liam was too busy on his phone, giggling every time a message came on the tiny screen.

"whoever it is that you're texting, tell them i said hi." zayn grumbles and crosses his arms, pushing himself further into the corner of the couch.

"moe is so funny," liam says and sets his phone next to him, "i asked him if he wanted to hangout with us tonight but he said he had plans. i wonder what he's doing."

zayn knew what moe was doing. or rather who he was doing. and maybe that's the reason why he's in such a sour mood but he pushes that thought to the back of his head.

"stop pouting." liam chuckles and ruffles zayn's hair. zayn takes this opportunity to grab onto liam's arm and pulling him closer.

"then get off your phone," zayn kicks liam's phone off the couch for emphasis, "and pay attention to me."

"i am paying attention to you." liam says, letting zayn pull his body completely on top of his.

"no you're not. you're on your phone and texting moe when you should be talking to me."

"well my phone is on the floor now so does it even matter?"

zayn doesn't answer, instead wrapping his arms around liam and kissing his forehead.

"so," liam sighs, "what have you been up to lately?"

"nothing," zayn says, "just been hanging out with louis."

liam hums. "just louis then?"

"well if you want to count the twins, then go ahead. but i really wouldn't call that hanging." zayn chuckles. sad to say, he's gotten really good at lying. the only thing that could bust him is his heart that's beating out of his chest. he hopes liam doesn't notice.

liam hums and slides off of zayn to retrieve his phone. he takes one look at his phone and laughs. zayn watches in annoyance as liam taps away on the screen.

"i wish moe could come over. i haven't seen him in a while." liam pauses. "neither have you. haven't you?"

"nope."

liam just stares at him.

"what?" zayn questions.

liam rolls his eyes and gets off the floor. "niall!" he yells and sits down on the couch. "niall!" he tries again. "niall! niall! ni–"

"shut up. i'm right here." niall says as he walks into the living room. zayn takes his eyes off of liam and almost scoffs when he sees niall because of-fucking-course harry goddamn styles is trailing behind him. he swears harry is never at his own fucking house.

"get ready. we're going out for dinner." liam says.

"where?" zayn and harry ask simultaneously. zayn doesn't stop himself from rolling his eyes at this. liam notices and pinches his lips together to prevent himself from laughing.

liam sniffs. "i don't know yet."

"so you tell us we're going to eat but you don't even know where?" harry asks teasingly.

a small smile is on liam's face and zayn swears he sees liam's cheeks flush. zayn looks over at harry to see that stupid fucking grin on his face. he's probably looking too much into this— people can smile at each other.

but when it comes to liam and harry, he just wants to take that stupid grin off of harry's face and shove it up his–

"is that cool with you babe?" liam asks.

"i'm sorry, what?"

liam chuckles. "hibachi. does that sound good?"

zayn feels like he doesn't really have a choice. the other three seemed to have already agreed on it when he zoned out. "yeah that's fine."

"alright then," liam clasps his hands, "niall just needs to get ready and then we can go."

liam adjusts his position so that he's facing zayn on the couch and rests his head on the couch. "i'm so not driving. i'm making one of them do it."

"we're not driving separately?" zayn asks.

"why would we?"

"yeah because being in the same car as your ex boyfriend and your best friend who hates me sounds fun. no thanks. i rather die."

liam leaps forward and covers zayn's mouth with his hand. he's giggling like crazy as he leans his forehead against zayn's. zayn is confused as to what is so fucking funny but then he look over to his right and figures it out.

harry is still in the room.

"oh c'mon zayn. we can't be that bad." harry smirks.

"yeah zayn." liam taunts.

"shut the fuck up." zayn says behind liam's hand causing liam to break into another fit of giggles.

------------------------------------------------------

the car ride wasn't that bad. niall drove and harry sat in the front with him, leaving zayn in the back with liam.

it was fine until harry lifted up the passenger side mirror and started a staring match with liam who was in the backseat.

and again, people are allowed to stare at each other. but it's liam and harry.

"it's crowded." liam comments as niall struggled to find a parking spot.

"should i go in and ask how long the wait is?" harry asks.

"no. i don't care how long the wait is. i want fucking hibachi." niall says and harry rolls his eyes.

"if it's longer than 45 minutes, we're leaving."

"the fuck we are!"

"if you two children would pay attention and stop fighting, niall would see that parking spot that's about to be available." liam points to a mini van that was parked in the front row, pulling out of its spot. 

niall doesn't give others a chance as he quickly snags the spot as soon as it's available. they get out the car and walk into the restaurant. it was a bit busy, but it looked more crowded outside than it was inside.

they didn't have to wait long, as there was only four of them. they're lead to a room in the back with two large tables seated. one table was completely full and the other had four spots available.

as zayn goes to sit down, he notices a purses sitting in his chair.

"oh, i'm sorry!" the blonde the purse belonged to says and moves it.

"it's okay." zayn mumbles and takes a seat.

as zayn takes the napkin off his plate and sets it on his lap, he can feel the blonde staring at him. he hates being watched so finally looks at her. everything in the room seems to freeze and his eyes widen.

"perrie?"

i WILL finish this story. i WILL.