It's The End Of The World As We Know It-The Suicide Machines

"So it's a suicide mission."

Yes. That's exactly what it was. They all knew it and were prepared. Well, as prepared as one can be to face certain death.

"Yeah, but one of us could get through. It's the only chance we've got," Five responded. "Are we all in?"

Numbers One, Two, and Four nodded, with only Three shaking her head, tearing up. After all, this was their sister they were trying to kill. Oh well. There was no other option. She changed her mind, regretfully. Time to die.

"Stage left, stage right," One commanded as Two ran to one side and he himself went to the other. "You guys take the middle," directed at the remaining numbers. At the signal, they charged forward. Lunging, only to be grabbed mid-air by the translucent tentacle things of pure sound that shot from their sister. Slowly the energy drained from their bodies, leaving them shockingly similar-looking to mummies. AKA delicious. Then the shot rang out. ⅘  of the living numbers dropped harshly to the floor as a beam shot out through the newly-formed hole in the roof.

After all the obvious reactions to saving the world and checking on their not-quite-departed sister, it was Four who looked up through the same hole.

"Uh...guys? You see that big moon rock heading towards us?"

"That's not good," One declared, pointing out the obvious.

Four responded with a reserved tone, "So this is it, huh? So much for saving the world."

"This doesn't have to be the end," Five spoke up. "We can use my ability to time-travel. What's the worst that can happen? You're looking at it. A 58-year old in a child's body. So there's that."

One by one, all of the numbers agreed, even the departed Six.

Grabbing each other's hands in a circle, Five strained his power as the seven adults gradually shed years off their appearances. A blue glow surrounded them and filled their vision with a flash. Silence, and then multiple yells and explosions. Opening their now seventeen-years-younger eyes, they were met with the sight of multiple children in colorful costumes fighting adults in other costumes. Which slowly ground to a halt as all eyes turned to these strange new children who arrived in a flash of lightning.

Five, not surprisingly, summed up the situation the most eloquently.

"Shit."