i. crazy british lunatic

AS RAINA LAWERENCE ENTERED HER SIXTH HOUR OF HER EIGHT HOUR SHIFT, SHE FINALLY FELT THE EXHAUSTION THAT COFFEE SHE DRANK THIS MORNING WAS PROTECTING HER FROM. She sighed, stacking t-shirts promoting Moana as she hummed to Work this Out from High School Musical 2, playing in the store. Raina didn't hate her job at the Disney store. She only felt hatred when a customer complained or during the holidays, but other than that, she enjoyed stacking stuffed animals and dressing up little girls in princess costumes. She liked making other people happy.

"Raina!"

The shout made her head turn to find Alex, holding the door open to the back where employees were only allowed. Raina rushed over, "What?"

Alex opened the door, letting Raina enter into the back. They led the way down the hallway to a single room with the door. Inside stood Lilah, the third person of their trio dressed in a puffy pink dress, resembling Ariel in the Little Mermaid when she has dinner with Prince Eric. Her hair was wrapped in a wig cap. On the counter next to her was a headstand with a vibrant red wig.

"You're a master at putting on the wig," Alex explained.

Lilah rolled her eyes, "They are just scared that if they put it on me, it will fall when I'm out there and scare all the little children."

Raina picked up the wig and began the process of putting it on Lilah, "Don't worry, Alex, I thought the same way but I learned from the best."

"Me?"

Everyone in the room turned to Ruthie, their manger, standing in the doorway. Her curly, dirty blonde hair was styled in braids over her bright, blue shirt.

"Yeah," Raina nodded.

Ruthie told, "Okay, I can't have all three of you back here. I need someone else out there, stacking t-shirts."

Alex saluted before they left the room to follow Ruthie's instructions. Ruthie thanked them as they left and then leaned into the room, "How long do you need?"

"Five minutes tops," Raina answered after taking out the hair pin from her mouth and connecting the wig cap to the wig.

After Ruthie threw her thumb up, she left to go back into the store. Raina pulled out her phone from her pants to open her music app. She clicked play and the speaker in the room began to play Part of Your World.

Lilah stared at her, "Seriously?"

"To get you into character."

"One day, I'm going convince Ruthie to dress you up as Princess Tiana."

Raina laughed, "I'm not an actress though."

"Some directors act," Lilah responded, "Ron Howard, Robert Redford, Sofia Coppola."