xvi. the open window

After opening the window...

Mallory's POV

"Richie?" I call out. I wait for a response, but its quiet besides some frogs and bugs behind the house. Why isn't he responding?

"Richie, I'm sorry I didn't call you. Stan and I... we got in a fight." I sigh. Looking around, it's pitch black. I can barely see anything. I wait for Richie to respond, but I still get nothing.

"Richie, I'm not in the mood for some stupid prank right now, please." I tap my finger along the windowsill. Suddenly, I hear laughing.

"Haha, very funny Richie." I mock the boy. The laughing continues, slowly getting louder and more intense. Somethings not right.

"Richie?" I question, only this time, I don't think it's Richie. The laughing gets louder and louder, almost like screaming. I cover my ears and back away from the window.

"No, no, no..." I mumble over and over again. Should I wake up Stanley? My thoughts get interrupted by something moving outside. Staring at the window, I watch as something appears.

That fucking clown. It's back and in my fucking house.

"Hiya, Mallory!" He smiles at me. "Sorry to scare you, I just thought it was weird you didn't call me..."

"Get out of here!" I whisper-scream. I can't wake up everyone in this house. How is Stanley not awake?

"You don't want me? What about Betty?" It walks closer to me, nearing my bedside.

"She's dead! You killed her! You monster!" I continue to walk backward, but my feet stumble on something behind me, causing me to fall onto the ground.

"Now that's no way to talk to a friend now, is it? You be nice. We're all nice down here." It slowly moves away from my bed and straight toward me. 

"Fuck off, clown. I'm done with your shit. You leave me and my friends alone." I pretend to not be afraid. To be completely honest, I'm terrified right now. 

"Silly Mallory, you always were so stubborn." It steps closer and closer. I shift my eyes, looking for something to hit or throw at this clown. A lamp, my plant, my backpack? It starts to giggle uncontrollably. 

"You'll float soon, you'll all float." It reaches It's hand slowly towards me. Panicking, I grab the closest thing to me. My plant. I grab it by the pot and launch it at the clown, hitting him in the face. I watch as the clown stumbles backward. The dirt in the pot flies all over my room, covering the floor. 

I hear a creak from the other side of the room. Looking up, I see my brother stir in bed. I quickly glance back at It, who was already back on his feet and looking directly at me.

"Stanley, wake up!" I shout. I need all the help I can get, and if I wake up my parents, oh well. I want to live damnit. Stanley jumps and quickly looks around. Seeing the clown, he screams and jumps out of bed.

"Mallory, why is It in our HOUSE?" He screams loudly. 

"Go get dad!" I yell at him, and Stanley books it out of the room. 

"Oh yeah, Stanley!" The clown mocks me, "Go get daddy!" 

I back up once again until I hit my head against the window sill. There's no escaping this clown. "Fuck off clown!" I scream, "I'm not scared of you!" 

"Then why are you running?" It questions. I could feel It's breath as It's face closed in near mine. It smelled like peanuts and yet death.

"Stop!" I scream, losing control. I scream and kick and grab anything near me and throw it in the clown's general direction. I feel tears forming in my eyes so I squeeze them tight.