Chapter 5: Little things

Seth POV

Jacob had spent the night with Nessie. he didn't want her out in the dark alone.

Alex was still sleeping when I woke up, at 9:30. she must be really tired.

Her body was draped over mine, laying On her stomach, her head on my shoulder face next to mine. her lips slightly open as she let out cute baby snores, her eyes peacefully shut gently.

Her hair was messy, but she didn't look bad at all. I could tell she rubbed her makeup off at some point last night.

I studied her face and couldn't believe she was mine. I remembered last night when I was watching her, I learned that when she was tired, she rubbed her eyes, her lip pouted out a bit and her voice was sleepy.

I brushed her hair behind her ear and stroked her jawline taking every detail in.

She quickly jerked her head up, eyes fluttering open as she stretched her arms and legs. flexing her fingers and toes she looked at me.

"Good morning." she said sleepily.

I grinned, she was too cute.

"Morning baby." I said back.

She cuddled back into my side and started rubbing my stomach, something she did a lot.

She was in my clothes. basketball shorts hung low on her hipbones, the t shirt hanging off one shoulder. she started to roll and sit up, stretching her back once again.

I put my arm on my side, using my elbow to pull myself up. I pecked the side of her face and sat up next to her.

I put my hand on her thigh and rubbed it. she flinched back, leg twisting to the side. She looked to me to see if id noticed, only for her to fine my eyes staring at hers.

She pushed her hair in front of her face, slouching her shoulders and making a guilty face.

"Alex...." I said trailing off.

I knew what this means, I knew she had a past of cutting, my the tiny pale slit marks in her wrists.

She peeked behind her hair making a sad face at me.

I put my hand by her knee, bringing the material of the shorts back towards her small hips.

Deep gashes displayed across her beautiful skin, scabbed up, bruising a little.

I felt my eyes watering. I looked to my love, my world. tears were already tumbling down her cheek bones, her eyes red.

I reached my hands to my face placing them on her jaw bone. I wiped the tears away and kissed her cheeks.

A little sniffle came out of her nose and she dug her face into the shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed into my bare chest.

It broke my heart to see my girl like this. I wrapped her in my arms even tighter and rocked us back and fourth rubbing her back.

Then I was suddenly angry, when I realized that someone had made her feel broken enough to hurt herself.

I stopped rocking and took my arms from around her. I froze like a rock trying to calm myself.

She looked up at me confused.

"You okay?" she asked me carefully.

"I'm angry Alex back away." I commanded.

She crawled backward on the bed nodding. she ran to the bathroom and locked herself in.

I heard Jacob in the kitchen with Renesmee, and decided against leaving the room. Jacob would kill me if I was anywhere near Nes.

I heard Alex's back slide down the door and her butt hitting the tiles.

I should've known something was up, she was exhausted yesterday.

Damn it Seth! you keep making stupid mistakes. there was a knock on my door and Jacob showed himself in my doorway.

"What's up with you this morning Mr.Nostrils" he tired to joke with me.

"Jacob I never do the right thing for her, she's suffering at home and I don't know how to fix it for her!" I threw a book across the room.

"Why doesn't she move in with you? She's 18 isn't she?"

Right when he said that my head popped up. it was a great idea!

Alex POV

He found out. I felt so guilty, I was his world, and he felt as if it was him that should've prevented this.

He thought that he was making my life worse when he was doing the complete opposite

I was sitting on his bathroom floor when I heard soft knocks. I stood up, wiped under my eyes and took a deep breath.

I opened the door to find Seth, standing with a face of regret. he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my head into his shoulder. he shut the door and lifted me to the counter.

"Alex, I love you. you know that but I will continue to tell you everyday, hopefully for the rest if our lives. Alex, move in with me, I know how you feel about your sister bringing bad people to your house, and you hate how she's high or drunk every time you see her. come and live with me, I'll protect you, from others but from yourself too. You are your biggest enemy baby, and I don't ever want to lose you. Will you move in with me?"

"Yeah," i said back with a smile, kissing his temple and laying my head on his shoulder.

Even though I was young, I was ready to live with this man for my entire life. I am completely in love with Seth Clearwater.