Winged Pt. 1 (Tuffnut X Reader)

Something a little different from usual. In this one shot, the dragon riders are actually dragons, and so are you! However, they are not all the same species as the dragon they ride, but some are. I just picked which species I thought would represent them best.

-------

Dragon!characters

Hiccup - night fury
Astrid - light fury
Fishlegs - dramlion
Snotlout - monstrous nightmare
Ruffnut - sand wraith
Tuffnut - sand wraith
You - moon fury (made-up species; can camouflage like all of the other furies; neutral scale color is dark silver with black and white speckles.)

⇧ I decided to edit the moon fury ⇧so that you all could get a sense for what one looks like

so that you all could get a sense for what one looks like. ♡

RTTE S4

You woke up in a cage. Thick bars of sea green metal held you in an impenetrable cell. Looking around, you found that you were below deck on a ship. You mentally sighed, "ugh, not again."

Dragon hunters.

Somehow, they'd captured you again. And by the looks of it, it wasn't going to be easy to escape this time. The downside of not having a pack to role with: you had no one to help you or come looking for you. So you decided that as soon as you got out, you'd have to find some other dragons to befriend. Otherwise, your fate was sealed with the dragon hunters.

However, before you could even start to think of a plan, explosions came from above. Someone was attacking the hunters' ship; and by the sounds of roaring and growling, you guessed it was dragons. Soon, the hatch to the brigg was opened. Two sand colored dragons crept down, letting the door close behind them.

"Watch it, bro," one hissed, "you stepped on my tail."

"Oh, whoops," the male responded. He then stepped on the other's tail again, this time purposefully. The female whipped her tail across his face. "Ow! What was that for?" The male argued in a whisper.

"Seriously?" The female sand wraith questioned, then rolled her eyes, "come on, let's just free these dragons and go."

Excitement bubbled up inside of you; these dragons were going to rescue you. "Uh, what dragons?" The male sand wraith wondered, looking around at all of the empty cages and cells.

Realizing you were still camouflaged out of fear, you relaxed, scales flickering to their usual silvery color. You watched both sand wraiths' eyes land on you in awe. "Woah.." The male muttered.

"Who are you?" You question a bit suspiciously.

The male answered again, "I'm Tuffnut, this is my sister, Ruffnut."

Ruff smiled and trotted over to your cage, "what are you? A light fury?"

"Moon fury, actually," you corrected.

"Well, moon fury, prepare to be a rescued fury," Tuffnut said with confidence. His sister gave him an irritated look, but you couldn't help gurgling in amusement. You watched him flip the latch on your cage with a single claw, a proud look on his face as the door opened, "oh yeah."

You immediately stretched out your wings. Since you were the only captured dragon, you and the sand wraiths quickly scurried out of the brigg. Once in the sky, you felt freedom flow through your body. Soon, you were flying away from the ship with six other dragons. It was odd to you, a pack containing such a wide variety of species. But it gave you hope that you'd be allowed to stay with them.

"A moon fury, huh?" The light fury asked you, swooping down to fly at your side. "I'm Astrid," she introduced, "the dramilion is Fishlegs, and the nightmare is Snotlout. And that's Hiccup," she gestured to the night fury, "he's our leader."

"Yeah, we rescue dragons," Tuffnut added as he came up on your other side. He puffed his chest out proudly, hoping to impress you.

You smiled in amusement and responded, "obviously." Ruffnut's laughter in the distance caused Tuff to frown in embarrassment. He was about to fly up with Snotlout when you stopped him. Placing the tip of your wing over his gently, you spoke softly, "but thank you, for saving me."

Big, baby blue eyes looked over at you. They were wide with surprise and admiration. And they pulled at your heart in a way you'd never felt before. Soon you arrived back at the rescuers' island, Dragon's Edge.

• • •

It had been a month since your rescue. You'd been residing on Dragon's Edge ever since, finally having a pack to protect you. And love was beginning to sprout in unlikely places. Almost as soon as you were brought back, Fishlegs got into a relationship with a beautiful deadly nadder named Heather. Then, Ruffnut and Snotlout started getting closer. And now, Astrid and Hiccup were officially a couple.

Needless to say, Tuffnut felt the pressure to find a mate himself. And he had someone in mind, someone who'd been on his mind since the day he met her. But would you really accept him? He had no idea what to do or say to get you interested in him.

Little did he know, you already were.

• • •

Your were flying around the island on patrol when you spotted Tuffnut and Fishlegs on the beaches. After making sure no hunters were near the base, you landed on the warm sand. The two dragons hadn't noticed you, since they deep in conversation, so you camouflaged and decided to eavesdrop.

"I don't think you have to worry about it, Tuffnut," Fishlegs tried to cheer uo the sand wraith, "not every dragon needs a mate."

But this only seemed to upset him even more. "Yeah I know that, and I was always okay with being 'that dragon'," he huffed, "but (Y/n)..." His eyes lidded dreamily, "yep, she's got me."

Your heart leapt. Tuffnut wanted to be with you? Smiling a bit, you let your scales relax. The others immediately noticed you appear from nowhere. Tuff jumped back in surprise, flapping his wings in a fluster. Fishlegs looked between the two of you with wide, awkward eyes then spoke, "yeah, uh, okay. I have to, um..I've got some stuff to do back at the base..so I'll just..." Then he flew off.

Tuffnut groaned in embarrassment and burrowed half-way down into the sand, trying to hide from the world. You walked delicately over to him and nuzzled the side of his head, "come on, get up."

"You heard everything, didn't you," he muttered.

"I sure did," you confirmed, brushing the sand off of him with your wing and tail. Finally, he stood, the rest of the sand sliding off of his scales. He was surprised when he felt something touch his tail. Looking over his shoulder, he saw your own tail wrapping gently around his. He looked at you with big blue eyes, the same eyes that you'd fallen for when you first saw them.

An excited gurgle escaped his throat as Tuff moved to sit right up against you. You purred, nuzzling your head under his chin. His scales were rough against yours, like sand paper on silk. You felt his wing drape over you as he muttered, "best, day, ever..."

You couldn't agree more.