(S.1) Chapt.11 - His Birthday Party

The pups found Chase standing right behind them. With a nervous Marshall, who waved a paw behind him.

All the pups laughed nervously "AHAHAHAHA! UHM. WE MEANT WE CAN'T EASILY FOOL RYDER! YEAH!" Rocky says nervously, as he sweats like crazy hell.

As much as he hated getting wet, he couldn't keep the tensing sweat within him. Chase gave them that same familiar look when he isn't convinced. Or at least, he's still processing the said sentence.

"Mmm.. Okay!" He simply said, then Marshall says "Okay Chase! Let's uh... Go find more squirrels!" He encouraged, as he pushed Chase away from the four pups.

When the German Shepherd, and the Dalmatian do was out of sight, and no longer near their spot. They all had sighed in relief in chorus "That... Was close. Nice save dude" Zuma smiled, as he and Rocky did a high-five.

"So guys. Early in the morning, we buy party decorations with Ryder, while Marshall will be with Chase when he wakes up to see no pets but Marshall."

Then all pups yipped gladly.

-----

The next day, the sun was still low. Yet, it was illuminating the sky that used to be covered hy a black cloak.

Chase usually wakes up early. From what he thought at least... Today was a very special day, and the moment he had opened his eyes, he felt very light and happy.

He did a few stretches before he went out of his doghouse. But then, something had caught her eye... "S-skye?" He whispered to nothing, as he approaches her.

As the German Shepherd drew closer to her, the Cockapoo noticed it and tried to hide a bag of confetti behind her.

"H-hi Chase!" She greeted cheerily. This made Chase very suspicious "Um.. Hi?" He replied back, unsure "Where are you going this early of the morning?"

Skye became nervous. She couldn't possibly tell Chase what she's up to... As much as the Cockapoo hated to lie, she had to. But it would sting her heart so much, because the thing is... She's lying to her best friend! And, moreover... It's her first pup friend.

"Well... I'm going to the beach with Zuma to grab some seashells!" She thought of an excuse immediately. Chase's face somewhat lit up "Can I come?" As his tail wagged rapidly.

Skye gulped. How could she wiggle out of this situation. She doesn't want to destroy his happiness, but... If it takes to make him happier in the end... I guess I'll have to decline for now. She thought to herself.

"Sorry Chase. But you have to stay here, we'll be back soon! I promise!" She replies, as she kicked the decorations quickly to the bush.

Which made a quick rustle, and Chase tried to look but saw nothing "But... You guys might get hurt! You'll never know when a high tide comes! Or what if you, er I mean... Both of you guys get hurt?"

Chase continued to ramble about things, then Skye shushed her "We'll be fine. I promise" she smiled, as she ran somewhere.

The German Shepherd sighs and went into his doghouse. Chase was completely fine with his best friend going with his friends. He wasn't jealous. The thing is...

The scenario felt familiar...

-----

"Wait!" A German Shepherd pup called out as he ran to a poodle. "Please don't leave" he pleaded, as his poodle friend, and foster sister, which is Solar. Nods her head sideways and sighed.