The real problem

After watching countless tapes about Wally and his parents, Dick decided he needed to head to the big top. He remembered so much more, and he wanted to see if the others had found anything. The tape shut off after playing the tape of his parent's last anniversary, so he had nothing more to learn from it. Dick hummed to himself as he walked, recalling his parent's music. He missed them, now that he remembered them, but he felt...different about it. He felt different about Wally's death too. It didn't feel like a crushing weight anymore. Wally had sacrificed himself for the world. Dick had to honor his sacrifice.

Dick slipped into the tent, eyes widening when he realized what was happening. M'gann was limp on the ground, barely moving, while J'onn was barely avoiding Psimon's attacks. There was a large red orb in the center, covered in cracks. Dick growled. Of course it was this psycho. Psimon was one of the worst villains he had to deal with, simply because he could get into minds. Dick summoned a ball of energy, thankful for the many lessons from J'onn. "Hey!" he called, launching the ball at Psimon. The ball connected with Psimon's chest, sending him flying. "You need to get out of here." J'onn wheezed as he stood, stumbling to his feet. "Afraid I can't do that. You figure out how to get rid of that thing, and I'll hold him off." "You can't hold him off forever." "I have the home field advantage here. He's only a guest, and one that's about to get evicted. He's trashed my mind enough." Dick turned back to Psimon, who looked very angry. "You." "Me. Yeah, you just got floored by a human. What are you going to do about it?" Dick taunted, running towards Psimon.

J'onn made his way over to M'gann, who was starting to sit up. "Are you alright?" He asked, gently grabbing her shoulder. "I think so." "Good. Nightwing is holding Psimon off. He need to attack the orb. Since it is weakened, we should be able to break through easily. Once we break it, we can get Psimon out of here." "But if we break it, all of Dick's memories come back. He'll be vulnerable." "Then we don't have much time. Come. Use all of your strength. I will worry about banishing him." J'onn helped M'gann stand, eyes flicking over to the fight. Dick seemed to be holding his own, which wasn't surprising to J'onn. Dick learned fast, and he memorized. If it wasn't for the orb here, J'onn had no doubt that Dick would've already taken care of Psimon.  

"Come on, old man! Are you really gonna let a nineteen year old kick your ass?" Dick called, disappearing as Psimon shot energy at him. It was always fun taunting the villains, especially when he had the advantage. "I am not old! I'm thirty one!" "Sounds pretty old to me!" Dick cackled, pulling a small pellet from his belt. Since it was his mind, he was going to assume physics worked here. "I will teach you to respect your elders, brat!" "Hey, I got you a present! Catch!" Dick threw the pellet at Psimon, grinning when the villain caught it. foam started to surround him, easily encasing the pale figure. "Dunno how long that'll hold him, so I hope you two have a plan!" Dick called. 

M'gann and J'onn were slowly feeding a green orb, easily the size of the red one. M'gann looked exhausted. "Ready, M'gann?" J'onn asked, watching his niece carefully. "Just give the word." She huffed. "On three. One, two, three!" Dick watched as the orbs collided, grinning as they disappeared. M'gann promptly collapsed, and was lucky that J'onn caught her. "She alright?" Dick called, running over. "Yes. Just exhausted. Psimon was much stronger than we've ever encountered. Stay with her while I take care of Psimon." Dick knelt down, taking M'gann into his arms. He really hoped Conner didn't find out and kill him for this. "Dick?" She whispered. "Hey. It's okay. I've got you. You did it. You got rid of the orb. Just sit back and relax." "Are your memories back yet?" "Not yet, but J'onn's taking care of Psimon, so it should be soon. Just promise you won't tell Conner about this. I don't fancy being used as a punching bag." She chuckled. "Deal." "Good." 

J'onn summoned a portal under the lump of foam, watching as it dropped into the psychic abyss. "Goodbye, Psimon. I hope to never see your ugly face again." J'onn muttered, closing the portal and walking over to the teens. M'gann was chuckling at something, which put J'onn at ease. She was a strong psychic, so J'onn had no worries about her. She'd probably sleep for a few hours, then she'd be good as new. "Not gonna lie, this id definitely not how I thought the reunion would go." Dick shrugged. "Indeed. Anything?" "Not yet. I don't--" Dick cut himself off by grabbing his head. "Dick?" M'gann whispered, sitting up. "The rest are returning. Listen to me, Dick. It will hurt for a bit, but the pain will go away. You need to concentrate on the memories, on the blank spots. It will not take long." J'onn helped Dick lay down, gently brushing the hair from his face. Dick was breathing harshly, eyes squeezed shut as his brain tried to comprehend the memories coming to him. "Is there anything we can do?" M'gann asked, grabbing Dick's hand. "Unfortunately, no. He must go through this. All we can do is be there."

So they waited. They sat beside Dick as he writhed, letting him hold them and offering as much comfort as they could. They watched as he slowly calmed down, watching carefully in case he needed any help. He eventually went still, panting as he calmed down. "Dick? Are you okay?" M'gann asked softly, helping him sit up. "I think so. Just give me a minute before you guys do anything else. That was...something else." "A sudden memory return can be very painful, but you handled it well. Come, let's get you to the stands. I don't think sitting in the dirt is good for your psyche." J'onn helped Dick stand up, slowly leading him to the wooden benches. "So, how much do you remember? I mean, if it took that long, it must've been quite a lot." "I think I remember everything. It's still kind of coming back, but I think I've got everything." "Tell me if I'm pushing here, but do you remember where you've for the last three years?" Dick paled even more, which M'gann honestly didn't think was possible. "With the Light."