Not A Leafs Fan, Part 2 (Auston Matthews x Reader)

Ever since that game, you and Auston had been texting a lot. He and the Leafs were on a western road trip, but as soon as he got back in Toronto, he asked you out, and you, after spending so many days texting and getting to know the guy, couldn't say no.

More accurately, you couldn't say yes fast enough and you couldn't stop smiling since. Talking to Auston over the last few days, you started to get feelings for the guy. He was really sweet and funny and you really did want to spend more time with him and get to know him as Auston and not Auston Matthews™.

--

Auston took you to a nice restaurant for your date.

Ever since he sat down to talk to you at the coffee shop, he thought you were beautiful and funny and he wanted to get to know you and the more the two of you talked, the more those feelings grew for him.

Away on the road trip, he was texting you as much as he could, which did cause the boys (cough cough Mitch and Willy) to tease him about the sneaking texting and the smiles at the phone. They wanted to know what, or who, had snuck into Auston's heart in the recent days.

Auston had given you his number because he wanted to see you again and texting you every day while he was away on the western road trip made him want to see you again so badly. Actually, Auston was still in Edmonton when he asked you out on a date, a real date, once he got back in Toronto.

And he cared about you. He didn't know you long or that well really, but he wanted to, so he wanted to start things off on the right foot with you, so he took you to a nice restaurant.

--

After the two of you ordered, Auston leaned back in his chair, giving you a smile and you couldn't help your small laugh as you shook your head.

Auston's lips twitched and he leaned forwards to rest on his forearms. "What?"

You shook your head. "I just think it's kinda funny that I'm on a date with the guys I would have considered to be my least favourite Leafs player."

Auston's jaw fell in a joking manner. "Really? I'm your least favourite?"

"Oh my god it's Auston Matthews!" You mocked the fans and he laughed, nodded his head.

"Yeah, that's fair."

You gave him a soft smile. "If it means anything, you're not my least favourite anymore."

Auston laughed and pumped his arm in celebration. "I've gone from least favourite to favourite?" He asked hopefully.

You laughed. "I don't know if I like you that much, Aus." You teased, the shortened form of his name falling from your lips without second thought.

"I like that." He said softly.

"What?" You whispered.

Auston reached across the table to touch your hand. "I like the way you say my name." If it had been anyone else, it may have come off as creepy, but it was Auston and had such a soft intent.

You smiled at him and gave his hand a squeeze. "I like saying it."

He paused and looked at you with a small smile and soft eyes. "You make me wonder how I ever managed to go on a date with me."

"What?" You asked softly.

Auston shrugged. "I mean, I'm your least favourite Leaf—"

"Not anymore!" You cut him off with a laugh.

Auston laughed with you and nodded. "But I was, and you're so..." He shook his head.

"I'm so what?" You laughed.