8// oopsie daisy

Carmine's p.o.v. [again]

"No it's not."

"I'm pretty sure i know how to do hair. i was a long haired woman once!" My mother says to me.

I grumbles as I take my small hands and yank out the attempt my mother had made at a ponytail.

I glare at my mom as I try pull it up myself.

My mother sighs "just let me try okay! it'll be cuter I swear, cuter than that!" She says, pointing at the mess I made with my hair.

"Really it's fine this will do. you try one more time you'll kill me." I say. grumbling because the only thing my little self hates more than carrots, is dressing up nice.

I had a dumb thing with my dumb pack and a dumb ceremony. I had to do it though, fifth daughter of the alpha. Technically really didn't make me special. Fifth out of eight.

My mom spun me around and held a firm grip on my shoulders, looking into my eyes. "I don't want to go to this thing either but your being a complete brat. I would slap you right now, but that would be child abuse" i giggled "just suck it up okay? anyways you gotta look more cute than all the other kids."

And with that i was spun back around by my mother and was now facing the gray painted walls, with a small, rusty mirror hanging from it.

My hair was being yanked every witch way now. and hurt none the less, but i wasn't thinking about it. I was looking in the mirror to my moms very short and very blonde hair. it being at its prettiest color state. but it was cut very short, like it was for a man. Uneven and extremely ragged.

It didn't look good on her, because everyone kept comparing it to her knee length locks that she used to have.

But then one day my mother had it all gone when I woke up from a nap. I still remember waking up and barely reconizing the woman.

So i bring myself to ask her in a very high pitched little girl voice,

"Why is your long pretty yellow hair gone?" Making my mother look up from my blonde hair and stop her work.

She spins me around to face her. then crouches down to my eye level.

My hair started falling out of my ponytail but we don't bother with it. My mother looks into my soft eyes and hesitates but then says,

"One time, mommy chose some people and gave those people everything. she told those people she would always be there and always love them." she paused for a moment then picked it up again "it won't be your enemies to turn on you first, it will be the people you loved the most to turn on you when you make a slight mistake.

"Carmine momma loved your daddy, and I was dumb enough to think he thought the same of me. but he didn't. and when he learned about you, this is what him and his friends thought I deserved."

I was gobsmacked. I was only halfly understanding because at the time, i was eight. but the fact that my own alpha, father, would do that to my mom was literally terrifying

My mom clears her throat to continue, "don't ever once think that it's okay to be vulnerable to someone, ever. I know you are thinking I'm crazy, which I am for thinking that you are understanding any of this. But my baby, you can't let them see you weak. they will make your world fall, because you accept there slips does not mean they'll accept yours. carmine baby, you can't let them get into you. you don't need Prince Charming. you need yourself and power."

I sit there with my mouth open. really, kinda amazed at what my mother had been through. it was all to much for me.

Her mom turns her around and carmine is now facing the rusty mirror once again. I looked at my very filthy converse dangling above the ground because I was on a kitchen strool I had took from the finding hall.

I was just thinking about what my mom said. it was true, and now that she had said what happened, I remember my dads friends laughing at her hair the day after.

And that was exactly 97 hours before she snapped. never told me she loved me ever again. never again said that I was so strong. taught me nothing else.

That was the only memorie I can really think I had with my mom. the else is a blur of her shaking her cigarette at me and telling me that she would show my dad and everything else.

I still remember what she said, it was the only thing she had ever said that was really true. I love my mom still, which is really pathetic, but I do. she is the only one who know how many times I've read 'the beauty and the beast'. the only one who knows how many times I've begged to run away with her and have an adventure. the only one who I've ever told about my nightmares. and ever since she left, her soul anyways, my dreams have only gotten worse.

But that's okay I guess. Because she is the one who told me you can never let anyone see you weak. trust no one. but I did trust some one.

Her.

〰✖️〰〰✖️〰〰✖️〰〰✖️〰

Man, that was deep.

Yeah but anyways Madison will be up by next chapter (thank god) but yeah.

So if your still a bit confused, this IS A FLASHBACK. sorry if you were confused.

But yeah. next chapter we meet someone. she's a bit important (wink, wink)

Xoxo,

Mallory