Darrel's imagine

*Lilah's point of view*

He had his arm around my shoulder while he was driving his pickup truck away from my house. We had our date today.

"What are we doing tonight?" I ask Darry.

"You'll see." He smiles. I roll my eyes.

"Darry! I hate surprises."

"I know." I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder.

This is taking forever so I try to spark conversation.

"I'm bored." He chuckles.

"We'll get there soon."

"How soon?"

"Really soon." I groan and put my knees to my chest. My feet are on the seat with my arms around my legs.

"I don't believe you."

"Good." I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder. We spend the rest of the time in silence. I enjoy watching the trees pass by. It's mid-October so the leaves are starting to turn colors. Autumn is my favorite season.

Darry stops the truck and turns to me. He's holding a bandana folded to be a blind fold I didn't notice he had. Did he think I was going to wear that?

"I know you don't want to but please it's to make the surprise better." I sigh in defeat.

"Fine. But you have to carry me." I say while putting on the bandana blind fold thing. Only for him. I open the door only to hit Darry. "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. Where ever you are."

"I'm fine." He gently lifts me up bridal style.

"I'm really sorry." He chuckles causing his chest to vibrate which makes me move slightly.

"It's alright honestly." I shake my head and wait for us to get to where we're going.

When he stops walking he puts me down and unites the blindfold. I blink a few times to adjust to the light. When I can see I freeze. The place is beautiful. We're in a small clearing in the middle of the forest. The leaves are red and orange. It's gorgeous.

Lights are strung around the branches and trees. How did he get the lights to light up out here? In the middle there is a table set for two.

"Darry. I love it." He smiles at me.

"Come on. Let's eat." He takes my hand and leads me to the table. When we get to it he pulls the chair out for me like a gentleman.

"You're so sweet." He smiles and kisses my cheek before going to the other side of the table.

He smirks while ringing a bell. I giggle as Ponyboy walks towards us, glaring at Dallas. Ponyboy is wearing a tux with a bow tie. On his arm is a white towel thing. His hair is greased to the side. He's holding two trays with the cover things on them.

"I hate you." Ponyboy mumbles. Darry laughs at this.

Ponyboy sets the trays in front of us and lifts the lids. I nearly fall out of my chair laughing. Grilled cheese sandwiches cut into two triangles. Darry is smiling at me.

"I'm glad you like it." I giggle and nod.

"I love it. How did you know grilled cheese was my favorite?"

"I know everything." He smiles.

"I've noticed." I say while picking up a grilled cheese triangle. Darry eats his with ketchup. Gross! "How can you eat that with ketchup?"

"It's not bad."

"It's not good either." He rolls his eyes at my childness.

"Whatever you say." I smile.

We talk about random things throughout the dinner. Sodapop brings us ice cream sundaes that were almost melted while we talk. When we're almost done with the ice cream he gets up and walks to me.

When he's in front of me he gets down on one knee. Oh my god. Is he proposing? I look down to see him tying his shoe. I roll my eyes.

"Darry." He chuckles before looking at me.

"Kidding." He smiles at me pulling out a gorgeous diamond ring.

"Darrel." His smile widens.

"Lilah, I love you with all my heart and soul. I'd do anything to see you smile or hear you laugh." He pauses. "You were there for me when my parents died. You kept me sane. You are my everything and I'd die if you said no. Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I scream but clear my throat. "I mean yes." I say calmer. He chuckles and I wrap my arms tightly around his neck and kiss his lips lovingly.