Chapter 6

Author's POV:

The birds outside chirped gleefully in the mist of the early morning. The light smell of eggs and toast mixed with the clear air.

Y/n brushed her hair slowly whilst staring into the bathroom mirror, her hair was slightly damp after an early morning shower. She placed her brush down onto the table in front of her mirror, sighing quietly and cracking her knuckles. She turned on her heels and strutted to the bedroom door, opening in. The sweet smell of the morning air and breakfast flooded her nose, she took a swift inhale and smiled intently, shutting her door and heading down to the kitchen. Her bare feet slapped against the wooden floor slowly as she stopped, leaning against the kitchen counter and across from 049. The man lifted his head up and dished out breakfast onto two plates. Y/n raised her eyebrow in lightly confusion as she stepped back and folded her arms. She observed him placing the places onto the dining table, pulling out a chair, "I think it's time you eat, dear." Y/n pressed her lips together and slowly moved around the kitchen counter, sliding her way into the dining chair. He pushed her into the table slowly and walked around, taking a seat.

Y/n tilted her head to the side, eyeing 049's mask and shifting in her seat, "I've never seen you with that mask off, Doctor." He rubbed his gloved hands together and let out a low chuckle . Y/n bit her lip as his gruff chuckle made her shiver in anticipation. He turned his head over to Y/n and smirked unknowingly, "Oh my dear, you have yet to see beneath this mask. Although, it is not that much of a secret, all I hide is a porcelain, nothing more. I can assure you that you are not missing out on anything."

Y/n sighed in irritation and pressed her back against the wooden chair. She began to think of a smart or witty comeback. Tapping her foot lightly, her face lit up with a dim smile, "Doctor, I would feel a lot more comfortable if you removed that mask. I'm sure you wouldn't like to make your patients uncomfortable. After all, you are a professional." 049 paused for a long while, he blinked and huffed where Y/n continued with her speech, "Plus, you know everything about me. My age, my height and my weight. And I'll be spending the next three months with you still. Could you at least consider it?" Y/n left 049 with no excuse. He huffed out another chuckle, "You never give up, hah! I expected such competitiveness from you my dear. I believe I'm left with no choice. Eat your breakfast and I will consider your request later on." Y/n cheered mentally, smiling widely, "Thank you, Doctor." She picked up her knife and fork, digging into her breakfast eagerly.

"By the way, Y/n," she looked up from her plate and blinked slowly, "my age is 24." Y/n's lips curved into a light smile at the corners. A wave of confidence washed over her suddenly as she kept quiet, continuing on with her breakfast silently.

~TimeSkip~

The afternoon crept up onto Y/n slowly. The soft breeze comforted her temperature as she lay comfortably on the grass, gazing up at the beautiful blue sky with wide eyes.

The conversation that took place with herself and 049 kept replaying itself in her mind over and over. The way his melodic voice comforted her eardrums gently and casted her upon a spell. His slow, yet, swift movements surprised her almost all the time, and the way he gave Y/n his full attention whenever she spoke up.

There was no doubt that Y/n was indeed falling for the doctor. He made her feel so much more safer here than he did back at her own home. The age gap between the two wasn't very far however, so there could be a chance for Y/n to make a move.

A sigh escaped her chapped lips as she spoke up to herself, "That's ridiculous. The man's a professional, there's no way he would turn intimate with a patient." She shook her head slowly and picked at the grass beneath her. She huffed and shut her eyes, thoughts about the Doctor flooding her mind. She wanted to know his name, everything about him that there is to know. What he likes, what he dislikes and what he loves the most.

Y/n kept her eyes closed, a light smiled begin tugging at the corners of her lips. Her imagination ran wild and there was nothing she could do to prevent it.

The sudden close of the front door behind her caught her attention. She opened her eyes and pushed herself up from her elbows, turning her head round. 049 stepped out of the house, his cane in his right hand. Y/n stood up and brushed herself off from the dirt stuck to her clothing, "Where are you going, Doctor?" She approached him slowly, her arms behind her back nervously. The doctor gazed down at Y/n and her small form, "Into town. I must bring food back to the house for tonight. Considering it's a Sunday, I figured why not a lovely Sunday dinner?"

Y/n smiled at his remark, she nodded happily and kept fiddling with her hands rested behind her back, "I would like you to stay inside until I return just in case your temperature decides to make another appearance."

Y/n blinked in realisation. She realised what could happen if she stayed outside with a terrible illness without the doctor by her side. It sent shivers down her spine from the thought of being lost without him there.

She nodded silently and smiled, "Have a safe trip, doctor."

The doctor nodded and continued on down the path, walking down the hill out of sight.

She made her way inside slowly and shut the door behind her, making sure she twisted the lock firmly. Stepping back, Y/n swung her arms about and looked around the now quiet bungalow, twisting her body around as her eyes scanned around. Y/n had no idea how long it would take for the doctor to return after all, the house was quite a ways out into the woods. There wasn't much to do either, considering 049 wanted Y/n to stay inside just in case she fainted from a temperature.

An idea came across her mind to lurk about the house and gather information about the doctor. It had only been a week since she was submitted into his care. A small idea struck her bored mind quickly. She grinned to herself and skipped her way over to that one secluded room at the end of the hall.

The doctor's room.

Curiosity had always eaten away at her the moment she saw him leave his rooms. The place would always be dark and very secluded.

Y/n approached the dark door and looked upon it. Her hand grasped the door knob and twisted it slowly. The anticipation began to build up more and more once the door parted from its frame. She pushed the door open fully and squinted her eyes within the darkness.

"What do you think you're doing?"