eleven

"She's not here, is she?" Yanchen asked as she met Yanyu at the counter.

She looked at her watch and faced him, "You have approximately an hour before she arrives."

Yanchen smiled, as he takes his order, "Thank you!" He walked back to the table and sat beside Xiao Gui who was playing with a rubiks cube.

"Are you still not done with that?" Zimo asks, handing the book he was reading to Shuzhen. He was about to steal the cube from the younger.

"Um, and you're not done yet," Shuzhen says, pulling him back and pushing the book on his chest.

Zimo pouts, and continued to answer the textbook. Yanchen looked at Shuzhen who was a little distracted, "Are you sure you're okay?"

Shuzhen nods, "Yeah. I just - I hope Ruibin and Lifen could get back together and you can talk to Mingzhu and take her back."

"Where is Lifen-jie anyway? I haven't seen her," Xiao Gui interjects before Yanchen could answer.

"She's not ready to meet you all." Shuzhen explains. "She feels really bad for leaving and lying to us like that."

Yanchen bit his lip, "If Lifen and Mingzhu meet again, what do you think would happen?"

"Why are you here?!" They heard someone exclaim from outside. Zimo stood up and saw Mingzhu face to face with none other than Lifen.

"Shit."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

Yanyu closed the door and hung the close sign. It was only 4pm but they decided to close. For personal reasons.

"I can't believe it." Mingzhu mutters leaning on the counter. "You show up here again like nothing happened and you have the audacity to ask me how I'm doing?! What do you think?"

"You had to ask what would happen," Xiao Gui whispers to Yanchen, remembering his question earlier.

"Mingzhu... I know apologizing won't do any good but I really am terribly sorry. Yanchen feels the same, too." Lifen says, motioning to Yanchen.

Mingzhu scoffed and eyed Yanchen, "I haven't heard that from him yet."

Yanchen widens his eyes and defended himself, "How can I? You blocked me!"

Lifen tried to calm Yanchen down, "Okay, look. Can we talk about this more privately?" She looked around the cafe seeing some of her friends present.

"Is this really a matter of relationship?" Peiyao asks, moving beside Mingzhu. "Look, this concerns us too."

"You just want to protect Mingzhu -" Xiao Gui's statement was interrupted.

"Hey! Minors aren't allowed to join this conversation!"

"Peiyao, relax," Mingzhu says, hitting his chest. She faced Lifen, "Fine. You, him, me and Ruibin. Tomorrow, 8pm. At this cafe."