seven

(mature themes ahead)
THE CARNIVAL

-

mike woke up early the next saturday morning. it was the opening day for the hawkins carnival!

the carnival would come around every november and since it was finally november, it was time! mike always loved carnivals that they threw at hawkins, he loved the vibe of the whole thing and all the lights.

he couldn't wait to call el and ask her what time they were going to leave at. mike had been chewing el's ear off talking about how they're gonna have so much fun together and how it's her first hawkins carnival.

el didn't mind though, she loved when mike got excited like this. she thought it was cute.

mike ate breakfast then went to go take a shower and put on a regular white shirt, tucking it into his black pants that he wore with his high top converse that he always wore. he topped off the outfit with a denim jacket.

he then went to the phone and dailed el's number.

"hello?" he heard el's soft voice spoke through the phone. "hey, el." mike said, "i was wondering what time you wanted to leave today? did you maybe want to get something to eat at benny's before we left or something?" mike asked.

"yeah, maybe we can leave around 4?" el asked him, "i still need to take a shower and get ready, is that okay?" el asked. "that sounds perfect, i'll pick you up at 4." he told her.

"bye, mike." el said softly. gosh, mike loved her voice. it was so sublime and innocent. he could listen to her talk hours and hours on end and never get tired of it.

"bye, el." he told her and then hung up. mike now was left with 4 hours to himself. what should i do? he though to himself.

watch a movie? read a book? call will? maybe he could film something?

mike nodded his head at the last one. he was going to film a video of him telling the camera what he was gonna be doing today. the video camera was kind of like his own little diary, he would film parts of his life, he would tell the camera and tell him about his day.

mike loved how he would do this. mike thought about how he could look back at these videos when he's older and see how much things have changed. he turned on his camera and put it on his tripod that he bought for himself.

"so today i'm going to the hawkins carnival with el." mike talks, sitting on the end of his bed with the camera looking directly in his eyes. "i'm really excited because i was afraid i'd have no one to go to the carnival with this year since will left." mike admitted, "things have been perfect with us lately. last saturday we were talking on the phone and she started asking me if i'd basically kiss her on her neck and go lower and lower." mike chuckled, "i told her that i'd stop at her collarbone because honestly...i don't think i'm really ready for any of—y'know...that, just yet." mike told.

"anyway, i still don't know what we are. i'm planning on asking her today when we're at the carnival. it's been driving me insane not knowing if we were dating or just friends." he said. "anyway, i'm gonna take the camera to the carnival with me and try and film what she says." mike said. he got up and turned off the camera. he took it off the tripod took it with him to his bed.