+ insecure

MORE UPDATES,
BETTER UPDATES.
SINCE ITS SUMMER.

• • • • • • • • •

r e a d e r

"that's sick,man!"

another round of laughter echoes through the house,a few giggles lasting a second or two longer. voices spoke enthusiastically,reciting old stories.

i smiled to myself,pouring down the last two glasses of drinks,them being arranged on the tray already.

what was better than having your best friends over for a few days, seeing them after a very long time because of living in different states or cities. exactly,nothing.

"hey y/n!",i heard lauren's voice call. "do you need any help?" "nope,almost done!",i called back,picking up the tray carefully and walking over to the living room.

there sat the five people i was closest to,lauren on the couch with hayden next to her,carson on the carpet with kenzie and johnny. they were talking about each other's embarrassing moments,reliving the memories.

"there you guys go,",i smiled as i handed them each a glass of their chosen drinks with two bowls of snacks.

i took my seat next to lauren,smiling as she laid her head on my shoulder. pulling my knees up to my chest,i listened to what hayden was saying.

"but johnny and kenzie were so weird all the time,very busy trying to irritate the life out of one another.",he chuckled.

i joined the others,remembering how often they'd annoy each other.

"jenzie was everyone's otp,though.",carson smirked. johnny and kenzie just looked looked at each,chuckling as they sat side by side.

carson didn't mean for it to come out the wrong way,a way in which it'd be bothering for me. they were all just talking about everything that happened before,so it wasn't a big deal right?

"yeah,remember when all of us were jenzie shippers?",hayden rubbed his eyes. "don't even start,you guys used to bug me all the time.",johnny shook his head,a light chuckle escaping his lips.

"you guys were goals,",carson teased.

i shifted uneasily,trying to turn my frown upside down. lauren seemed to notice,since she grabbed my hand and gave me a sympathetic smile. i smiled back,unable to fake it any longer.

"kenzie digged me,",johnny teased with a smirk. "yeah right,as if.",kenzie slapped his arm playfully. johnny snatched her phone out of her hand,grinning when her hand shot out to yank it back.

"john,stop!",she giggled as she continued to flail her arms in the air,trying to get it back. "just like the old days,",carson chuckled.

"john,just give it back.",lauren tried to convince her brother,glancing at me,knowing completely well that it was making me uncomfortable.

i loved each and every one of them,kenzie being a very close friend of mine. and i knew that they weren't saying all this to spite me,just trying to relive a few moments,bring back some good times.

but i couldn't help feeling a little low,it was alright to feel a little insecure about old relationships my boyfriend shared,right?

"john,knock it off!",kenzie laughed,still struggling from where johnny was laying on the carpet,with her almost hovering on top of him.

"hey,you ok?",lauren asked me softly. i looked up at her,cheek resting on my knee. giving her a small smile,i nodded,"i'll be back."

i rushed upstairs,trying to shut out the voice downstairs.

they were my friends,and they had no intention of making me feel this way. maybe i was being paranoid and overreacting over nothing. sighing,i splashed my face with cold water before wiping it dry.

there was a knock on the door. "don't worry,laur. im fine,i'll be out in a sec,",i called. "i'm not lauren,her brother and your boyfriend here.",came as a reply.

johnny.

opening the door,i put on a smile as dirty blonde hair appeared leaning against the door frame.

"hey,",i shut the door. "what's up,you alright?",he tried to grab my hand but i pulled away. tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear,i bit my lip and shrugged,"of course im ok,why wouldn't i be?"

"why did you leave?",he asked softly. "i. . .was just using the washroom.",i chuckled nervously. i cannot let him know the real reason why,he'd think i was being ridiculous. he was about to say something,but i beat him to it,"so,good to have everyone back,isn't it?"

with furrowed brows,he nodded.

"did you give kenzie her phone back or. . .?",despite not wanting to talk about it,i still did. as if something clicked,his eyes widened. taking hold of my hand,he led us both to the nearest room.

"we should---uh,probably get back,",i stuttered. "y/n,even though i might have figured it out,i want you to tell me what's wrong." i held his gaze a little longer,hoping for him to be convinced that nothing was troubling me.

but he didn't back down,so i gave in.

"fine,",i sighed,walking over to him and looking up at him. his green orbs waited for an answer as they searched my own eyes. i toyed with the ends of my sweater as i tried to speak.

"its just. . .you---i don't want to sound controlling or anything but. . .",i rubbed my face when i failed. cupping my face in his hands,he gazed down at me. "tell me,let it be anything."

sighing once again,i held my closed fist to his chest,gnawing at my lip.

"do you still. . .want to be with me?"

after asking him the question,i hadn't looked up to see his reaction. but when i didn't get a reply from him,i peeked up at him. he had the widest frown pinned to his lips.

"why would you ask me that? of course i still want to be with you,for ad long as there is.",he spoke softly,caressing my cheek.

"i---i'm sorry. its just. . .seeing you and kenz i just thought that---you know?",i licked my lips.

grabbing my hands,he wrapped them around his neck,his own sliding down to the small of my back.

"silly y/n. kenzie and i are nothing more than best friends,whatever happened down there was just supposed to be playful. i don't want anything to do with any other girl when i have all i need. and i'm sorry that you had to feel that way,that i made you feel that way. but hey,i love you and no one else. i'm so sorry.",he said.

with a toothy grin on my lips,i crashed my lips on his,smiling the entire time.

"i love you,",i grinned. "i love you.",he repeated,smiling as well.

"stop getting it on and get down here already!",we heard hayden shout from downstairs.

of course.