Part One - Chapter Thirty-Three: Happy Valentine's Day

“So what is Fernando’s plans for valentine’s day?” Juan asked wrapping up his interview with Cassidy; he watched the brunette as she smiled at him, it was her first romantic holiday with her boyfriend of eleven months and she was excited.

“I don’t know… he wanted it to be a surprise,” Cassidy said shrugging brushing some hair from her face, she knew that he wanted to make it special especially since she was twenty-nine weeks pregnant with his child.

Juan raised an eyebrow at Cassidy, his friend was excited about their first valentine’s day together; however he didn’t think that it would be a good idea especially since Cassidy was a lot bigger than she should be.

“What about you any special plans?” Cassidy asked resting a hand on her bump, she smiled as the baby gave a small kick while Juan shifted nervously making her grin as she realised that he did have plans for Valentine’s Day.

“I’m having dinner with someone,” Juan admitted making Cassidy raise an eyebrow at him, she hadn’t expected for him to be having dinner with someone; she was thrilled with the idea that Juan had found someone.

“Come on so who is it?” Cassidy asked getting to her feet, she grinned as she wondered what lucky woman Juan had asked out for dinner; she nibbled on her lip as she thought about who it could be.

“It’s Lorena,” Juan admitted as he glanced over at the producer who blushed and looked away as he smiled at her; Cassidy cooed at Juan who blushed as they walked off the set.

***

Cassidy furrowed her brow stepping into the apartment, the house was still being decorated but they had slowly started to pack up their things so that they could move without any problems.

“Nando?” Cassidy called wondering why the apartment was lit by candle light, she held back a joke about not playing the electric bill; she shook her head as she walked into the living room, only to pause when she saw what was inside.

Fernando smiled at his girlfriend’s shocked expression, she hadn't been expecting this and that was what he had been aiming for; he grinned as he approached her and wrapped his arms around her.

“Happy Valentine’s day,” Fernando said before he kissed her lips, he had been busy all day preparing for this; he had wanted it to be special.

Cassidy grinned as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him again, she couldn't believe that he had done this for her.

“I wanted to do something special… so the children are at your parents and we are alone for the night,” Fernando said relieved that Cassidy’s parents had been willing to take Nora and Leo for the night; he hadn't wanted to impose on anyone and most couples had plans for the night.

“How is our baby?” Fernando asked resting a hand on her bump, he couldn't wait for their baby to be born and he knew that they still had eleven weeks left until the birth.

Cassidy smiled up at him as the baby gave a swift kick, Fernando loved being a part of her pregnancy as much as possible; even more so than his mother, who now called weekly to speak with the brunette.

“Baby’s doing fine… just kicking a lot,” Cassidy said as Fernando smiled at her, he loved feeling the baby kick since it was the only time that he was able to feel anything from the child that Cassidy was carrying; he couldn't wait for the baby to be born.

Fernando led his girlfriend to sit down before he hurried away so that he could get her present; he hadn't been sure what to get Cassidy for their first valentine’s day together so he had decided to get something small for her.

Cassidy pulled Fernando’s gift out of her bag, she glanced at her boyfriend hoping that he would like her gift; she hadn't been sure what to get him especially with their first anniversary and his birthday being the following month.

The couple exchanged gifts nervously, they weren’t sure what to expect off the other person but they were both aware that this wasn’t going to be easy and they were going to do what they could.

“Nando,” Cassidy breathed staring down at the adjustable rhodium and rose gold plated bracelet that her boyfriend had gotten for her; she was taken back that he had gotten her something like this, she had never really worn jewellery but she would wear this.

***

Cassidy held back a laugh curling up on their couch as Fernando stuck on a DVD, he smiled as he looked at his girlfriend before he moved to sit down next to her and he wrapped his arms around her.

“Thank you,” Cassidy said gratefully looking up at Fernando, she cuddled into his side as he pulled the blanket around them and held her close; she hadn't expected anything like this for their first valentine’s day together and she was glad that it had turned out like this.

Fernando pressed a kiss to her head, he smiled knowing how much this meant to her; her stomach was only getting bigger and he had wanted her to be as comfortable as possible at the moment.

“It was nothing amor… I wanted you to be as comfortable and relaxed as possible, especially since we’re going to have a baby soon,” Fernando said as the film started, he had picked up several movies that he knew that his girlfriend would like; he rested his head against hers as Cassidy smiled.

Cassidy didn't know how she had managed to find someone like Fernando but she was glad that she had; she didn't know how she would have coped with this pregnancy without him.

“Besides… I didn't think you wanted to be out walking in this weather and with swollen ankles,” Fernando mused making Cassidy elbow him playfully before she kissed his lips; she had gotten him an Emporio Armani Sportivo black silicon strap chronograph men’s watch for Valentine’s Day since she knew how much he needed a new one.

“I love you,” Cassidy said looking up into Fernando’s deep brown eyes, she smiled as he kissed her again; she moved closer to him as he pulled away.

Fernando brushed some hair from her face, he smiled at her softly knowing that he had gotten lucky when he had found her and he wasn’t about to risk it.

“I love you too,” Fernando said softly holding her close, he knew how cold she had been getting lately and he didn't mind sharing his body heat with her; he was content with how things were going for them and he couldn't wait to take the next step with Cassidy.

“So Juan has a date tonight,” Cassidy said casually, she grinned as Fernando looked at her; he raised an eyebrow curious about what his friend was doing, he hadn't been able to get anything out of him at training.

“With Lorena the producer,” Cassidy said sharing the gossip that she had, Fernando chuckled knowing how much Juan had liked Lorena when he had moved to London; he couldn't believe that he had finally managed to ask her out.

Fernando had worried at one point that Juan would be a threat to his relationship with Cassidy, but he was pleased that nothing had come from that.