Chapter 7 The Dome Part. 1

Sam 

As I'm walking towards the infirmary a little girl walks up to me with a backpack in her hands. Her red hair drapes across her shoulders and matches perfectly with her pale toned skin. She looks up at me and smiles.

"This is from Burt." She says handing me a backpack.

"Well, thanks. What's it for?"

"I don't know he just told me to give it to you."

"Do you know where Burt is?"

"He is over by" she turns and points at a tree but no ones there "he was by the tree."

"Well, thanks. And what's your name."

"Ariana and yours."

"Sam."

"Well, I hope you stick around Sam bye."

"Bye"

She ran off towards a group of girls where giggling and laughing. I slung the backpack over my shoulder and continued the walk. I would have to take a look in the bag later. When I got to the door I couldn't hear anything. I was worried, excited, and nervous. I really hope she's okay. I twisted the doorknob and walked in.

The infirmary had no rooms so all the beds were lined up against the wall with the personal curtains. There was only one curtain closed and I assumed that was the one that Chloe was in. I walked up to it and as I reached my hand out to open the curtains I heard mumbling. I couldn't really make out what it was but it almost sounded as if she was calling for someone.

I opened the curtain and she was asleep. There wasn't a chair so I sat on the bed next to her. I put the bag on the floor. I turned and examined her face she had a cut on her chin from somewhere. Her blond hair was oddly straight for what happened to her. I straighten my self on the bed and she woke up. 

"Sam is that you?" She asked with her eyes barely open.

"Yes."

"What happened?"

"I don't know you just collapsed. The doctors are not
here so we have I wait to find out what happened."

"I don't feel so good."

"That's ok I'm here."

"Can you lay here with me for a while?." I was confused by the question.

"Of course," I said as I lay down next to her. She turned on her side and I warped my arms around her.

"Sam, can I tell you something?"

"Yeah sure, you can tell me anything."

"I have been getting this weird feeling every time your around. It's almost like I can feel your presence. I can tell exactly where you're at and I can sometimes tell what you'll do next.
I don't know if that's a good thing or bad."

"I hope it's a good thing."

"Me too because I couldn't stand to lose you."

"Me neither now get some rest." 

"Ok." as everything went quiet. I started to wonder why Chloe could feel where I was or at least know. What if sooner or later she could start to read my mind. 

I already can

Wait what who is this

But there was no response. I really didn't like that. I hope I was just imaging things. Just then I start to her Chloe breathing relax and I know she's asleep. I slowly get up as to not wake her. grab the backpack and leave the infirmary. I see Veronica outside the infirmary and walk up to her.  

"How was she?" She asks 

" Ok, she woke up but then fell asleep again." 

"Ok good." 

"So is there anywhere I can put my stuff at?" 

"Yeah, we have tents for everyone. Oh and by the way you, Chloe, and Maddie will have to share one because we only have one left." 

"What about Jeanette." 

"Don't tell Chloe but Jeanette is afraid of her so Jeanette is going to be with me." 

"Why would she be afraid of Chloe?"

"Apparently she saw Chloe do something weird but she won't say." 

"Well ok, so where's my tent." 

"It's the red one with the white roof." 

She pointed to one at the other end of the dome

.
"Ok, thanks see you around."

"Defiantly will. I also got to go find the doctor." 

"Can you get me when you do?" 

"Of course." 

And I started walking towards the tent. As I was walking Ariana walked up to me. She smiled and walked next to me. 

"Where are you going?" 

"To my tent." 

"Can I come with you?" 

"Why?" 

"Because I want to see your tent." 

"Ok"

I looked at her wondering why she would want to see my tent. But I just continued to walk. I began to wonder why out of all the people in this camp that this little girl was the only one willing to talk to me.