The Funeral

I woke up the next morning and went to my parents room. Hoping that the whole thing was just a horrible nightmare.
But their bed was empty. They were never coming back. Never sleeping there.
I had to push the tears down as I heard Danny's footsteps coming towards me. I turned plastering a fake smile on my face.
"Hey Danny, how are you feeling today?" god I sounded so fake.
He just glared at me. Then he yelled,
"Stop it! Stop acting like everything is SO FUCKING CHEERY! BECAUSE ITS NOT, AND IT NEVER WILL BE!!"
Then he turned but before he stormed back into his room and slammed the door, he turned around and said,
"Your not Mom. You can't fix everything so just stop trying to be like her. Because you never will be Mom."
Crap. I sighed, that could've gone smoother.
I walked back to my room to finish the funeral preparations. God, I never would have believed that I would be doing this before I went to college. Hell, probably not until I was married with kids of my own.
As my dad always said, shit happen, and you just got to learn how to roll with them. Or you die.
The funeral was a few days later. It was only Mat, Danny, and I. Their caskets had to be closed. They said their bodies were too mangled up to be viewed to the public. It was raining. That whole day, I couldn't feel anything. I was cold, so cold.
And for the first time I can remember, Mat's hugs didn't make me feel any better. In fact, they almost made it worst. That's something I couldn't understand.
Mat had to take us home, I couldn't talk. Let alone drive.
Then I sank into my bed and slept like a rock.