- 8 - Salt -

Everything we wanted so much, tonight you and I

Minho was ready to kill. His fingers twitched beneath the table and his mouth was an ever deepening frown as Jisung's story continued.

He regretted snapping at him in the car, but he would have to apologise for that later because Jisung was crying.

"You're so brave baby." He would be lying to say that the nickname wasn't comfortable for him to say, it felt normal now.

And as much as his heart broke for Jisung, he felt less alone now that he knew he had someone close to him who could relate to some of the things he'd been through, and the other way around. Of course Chan had been an amazing friend after what had happened, but it was nice to find someone who could finally understand in a way that someone as kind as Chan never could.

It's an irrefutable fact of the universe that life is unfair. Nothing bad that happens can be justified and it can be difficult not to feel resentment at the world.

"His name was Yoonoh."

Minho was ready to kill Yoonoh. Whoever this cunt was, he had it coming.

Jisung turned his phone on and gasped through his tears, "it's been thirty minutes!"

"Mmhmm?" Minho pauses.

"Corn." "Corn!" They both realised at the same time.

They hastily leave notes of money on the table, which they hoped would cover the cost with a decent tip but not ruin their bank accounts, and walked very quickly to the point of ran out of the coffee shop.

They'd made sure to leave gaps in the car windows to allow proper air circulation and a bowl of water for Corn that they both knew was never going to stay upright.

Indeed, Jisung groaned as he saw the water splattered all over the drivers seat.

"You sure you're okay? I'll drive?" When Jisung didn't reply Minho slowly coaxed him round to the passenger seat where he got in gratefully and held Corn close to his chest, smooshing his face in Corn's fur.

"What did Chan say when he rang earlier?" Minho was determined to not let them fall into silence.

"Oh he uh- he just wanted to talk to you about something. I don't know what though, I said you'd ring back."

Minho hummed and fumbled around in his coat pockets for his phone whilst keeping his eyes on the road.

Jisung's hands wrapped around his as he moved them out of the way, successfully retrieving Minho's phone and guessing at passwords.

"I didn't think this through, I have no idea what your password is." Jisung mumbled jokingly.

That's because no one knows what my password is.

But Minho just held out his thumb to Jisung who caught on quickly and scanned it over the home button, scrolling through Minho's contacts until he found Chan.

Apart from he didn't find Chan.

"What on earth is his contact name on your phone?"

Minho had never hated Chan more than he did in that moment as he remembered what Chan has changed his contact name to.

"I-I'll find it."

"Nonono, What is it?" Jisung presses, watching in a amusement as Minho just hung his head slightly.

"Wait... he's not...?" Minho just held his head lower.

Jisung cringed inwardly as his finger hovered over the call button.

"Why is his contact name 'Jisung's dick is bigger than yours will ever be'... and then his company is 'the waffliest potato'?"

Minho was ready to kill Yoonoh and Chan.

"Because Chan is an idiot."

"Wait so you didn't write this?"

Minho was horrified, "What? You think I'd write that?" Jisung just looked at him. "Really? I would never have written that... I'm being serious Jisung stop laughing."

Still laughing cruelly at Minho, Jisung clicked call.

"Minhooooooooo!"

"Chan it's Jisung you're on speaker."

"Jisuunnggggg! Could you pass me over to Minho please, I need to have a quiet word with himmmmm..."

Minho just wordlessly took the phone from Jisung, taking Chan of speaker and trying ignore the furious blush that was setting his ears on fire.

"What do you want?"

Jisung watched intently as the blush deepened and Minho's hands looked like they were going to snap the steering wheel in rage.

"How's your boyfriend?"

"Not funny Chan."

"If you are not dating him by the time you reach our house then I am not letting you in."

"It's not like that."

"Sure it isn't. Anyway I need your help..."

Minho continued just frowning,
"That is not anything you need help with Chan, stop being an idiot is there any serious reason you wanted to call?"

"Yeah actually, could you pick Felix up from a gas station in a couple of days, his friend from university can only drive him so far."

Minho let out a breath he hadn't realised he was holding, "Yes Chan, of course we could. Just text me details later."

...

"Yep love you too Chan bye."

"Minsunggg wooooo, my friends are falling in loveeeee."

Minho ended the call abruptly and only just stopped himself from chucking it aimlessly behind him.

So much pressure to fall in love.

"What did he want?"

Minho moved the gearstick into reverse, "He was just asking if we could pick Felix up from a gas station somewhere en route cause his lift is being stingy and won't take him all the way to Chan's house."

Jisung hummed in thought and confirmation, turning on his own phone and picking a playlist which he put on shuffle and placed his phone in one of he cup holders. He knew without trying that the speakers in Minho's car would not work with his phone either.

The road stretched out on either side of them again and soon they were both singing along, smiles wide, they both knew the worst was not behind them and there were plenty more demons to face, but for now, they were happy to just be next to each other.

Stealing glances whilst the other wasn't looking, and letting their true feelings burn out in their eyes as the felt themselves falling deeper into something they knew could never come true but they couldn't help believing anyway.

It would be quite nice, was the last quiet thought in Minho's mind before he let it switch off and stared at the road for who knows how many more hours, it would be quite nice for Jisung to be his boyfriend.

A/N - this took sooo longggg I'm sorry. I wanted to write something but then everything I tried to write went wrong and this happened.

Living for endless stretches of road and music that fills the car and falling in love with someone you know will never be yours

-Kz xx