𝘁𝘄𝗼

BROOKLYN sat in the conference room with a man who was currently setting up for the office 'Diversity Day'.

"Hey, uh, can I help you out?" Michael asked for the fourth time since the man had been there.

"Oh, we're all set, thanks." Said man dismissed.

"Gotcha, good. I'd go with the rows." Michael mumbled on his way out, referring to the chairs that were already in rows.

"Today is Diversity Day, and someone's gonna come in and talk to us about diversity. It's something that I've been pushing—that I've been wanting to push for a long time." Michael explained. "And corporate mandated it, and I've never actually talked to corporate about it. Um, they kinda beat me to the punch. Uh, little bastards, uh, but... I was going to. And I thinks it's very important that we have this, and, uh, I'm very excited.

"That's the thing, it's very sturdy paper. And on the back it says 100% post-consumer content." Jim explained to a client over the phone. "So—what?" Beside him, Dwight pulled a shredder onto his desk and started using it. "Hold on one sec. Do you really have to do that right now?" He asked covering the receiver.

"Yes I do." Dwight answered. "I should've done this weeks ago, actually."

"Mr. Deckerd, I'm sorry about that." Jim said rolling his eyes. "What were you- can you hold on one second?" Jim puts the man on hold, and promptly shuts off Dwight's paper shredder. "Hello? Oh, perfect. So, what I was sayin- hello?" Dwight has ended Jim's call. "Thanks, Dwight." He sighed, rubbing his face in frustration.

"Retaliation, tit for tit." Dwight shrugged.

"That is not the expression." Jim pointed.

"Well it should be." He retorted before turning the paper shredder back on.

"This is my biggest sale of the year. They love me over there for some reason." Jim shrugged. "I'm not really sure but, uh... You know, I make a call over there every year, just to renew their account. And that one call ends up being 25% of my commission, for the whole year. So, you know, I buy a mini bottle of champagne and celebrate a little. And this year, I'm pushing recycled paper on them, for one percent more." He paused. "I know, I'm getting cocky, right?" He smirked.

"This should go pretty well, everyone is very attentive in these types of things so you shouldn't have any problems." Brooklyn told the guest. "But I should warn you about Mr.Scott, he can be a...handful at times."

"Oh, I'm sure I can handle it." The man told her, getting his papers ready.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Brooklyn shrugged on her way out, almost bumping into Michael who purposefully exited his office the same time she did. "What are you doing?" She asked after nearly dodging him.

"Nothing, just mo- hey Oscar!" He greeted, sidestepping her. "How you doing, man."

"Alright." The Latino answered.

"Did you get a good weekend going there?"

"It was fine."

"Oh, I bet it was fun." Michael tried to fill the awkward silence with a laugh. "Oh, hey, this is Oscar..." he pretended to notice the guest behind him.

"Martinez." Oscar continued, shaking the man's hand.

"Right, see I didn't even know. First-name basis." Michael chuckled.

"Great, uh, we're all set." The guest told him.

"Oh, hey, well diversity, everybody." Michael called. "Let's do it," he clapped. "Oscar works, in...here. Jim, can you wrap it up, please?"